Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started looking to see if anyone's turbo'd the CR-Z yet and found this forum. Thought I'd stick around and see what the owners thought about their cars. I plan on purchasing a new ride within the next six months and the little CR-Z stole my heart ever since I saw what looked like a commercial shoot here in Houston [Hermann Park, it was the Turquoise blue CR-Z with all options... stunning].

:)

Anyway, hello all.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've only bought 5 new cars in my life, a 76 and a 78 Trans Am's (both great cars). A VW Scirroco (it was alright), 86 CRX (had for 13 years, best car I ever owned) and now the CRZ. You can't go into this purchase thinking that you're getting an updated CRX. The gas mileage and power aren't there, but I am now 55 and I didn't buy the CRZ because I wanted a muscle car. The gas mileage is good for todays cars and it is a very good looking car and fun to drive.
And 99% of the comments in this forum are positive, so YOU HAVE TO GET ONE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

I don't expect it to be anywhere near as powerful as my CRX. I swapped out the motor for a dohc ZC and turbocharged it. :thumbsup: I may consider swapping the hybrid motor out for a K series engine many years from now.

I'm actually considering the car for the mileage and can't stand the ugly hybrids. The CRZ would be my daily driver while I'd keep my turbo monster for when I need to get somewhere fast. My only real concern is passing power. I had a 1986 CRX HF and it was intolerable to drive in traffic when I needed to pass just one car to get to my exit. As long as the CR-Z can get up and around when it needs to then I'll definitely consider it.

I plan on taking a test drive pretty soon. I definitely love the way it looks and if the rumors were true and Honda came out with a non-hybrid model I wouldn't even hesitate on the purchase.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Make sure you test all 3 modes of the car... While I had some concerns myself with the econ mode and passing or getting on an on ramp. It was quickly put to the side with a push a button.. Bump it up to Normal or even sport and you will not have an issue. Unless that is you are needing to loose the cops.... I would not recommend the car or trying to loose the cops....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, well never mind. I'm no longer a fan of the CR-Z. /sarcasm :D

Has anyone done an engine swap yet? Theres bound to be someone somewhere with the money to burn to swap out a motor in a brand new car. I'd be interested in seeing what they've done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.