Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious to see how the car accelerated in the different modes in cruise control, ie was it programmed to react differently in different modes. It appears to be the case that it will accelerate with much more vigour in sport mode than econ and this is quite an interesting bit of programming from honda to have the car mimic the driving style in 'automatic.'

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can verify the cruise question... Yes the cruise will adapt automatically to the mode you have chosen. In ECON it accelerates very, very lightly and only raising the RPM's a mere 50-150 until it reaches programmed speed. In NORMAL mode it will increase the RPM's 500-1500 plus (Ive seen 2500 increase) This is pressing the "RESUME" button when with-in 5-10 MPH of speed setting. Have not tried in sport mode. Maybe I will and get back to you.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Also keep in mind that in ECON mode, it will lose MPH on inclines and recover them very slowly. I am setting my cruise control a couple of MPH over the limit so that when I do lose the MPH going up grades, I do not go below the limit and become a hazard on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.