Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is a weird one...
My 2011 (137k miles) cruise will not engage. As someone had mentioned several years ago, it lights up as long as I'm holding the set button down but never will engage. I'm the second owner of this car, having purchased it exactly one year ago. The cruise worked at first, then it became a sporadic thing but now it doesn't work at all. Seeing how it is no longer under factory warranty, I am determined to exhaust all other options myself before having to find the money to take it to a Honda dealership and have their service dept check it out. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

· Registered
87 Posts
My cruise control stopped working recently as well. Cruise control lights up when I press the button but when I hold set it never sticks. I was hoping there would be more info on the forum but having trouble finding anything.

· Registered
2,807 Posts
My cruise control stopped working recently as well. Cruise control lights up when I press the button but when I hold set it never sticks. I was hoping there would be more info on the forum but having trouble finding anything.
Have you done any of the troubleshooting that's been recommended in the various threads on this topic or are you just looking for a definitive answer from someone who's done all the work for you?

· Registered
87 Posts
Have you done any of the troubleshooting that's been recommended in the various threads on this topic or are you just looking for a definitive answer from someone who's done all the work for you?
I used the search function at the top and looked through various threads but didn't find anything with things to check. If you know of a thread, would you be so kind as to link me?

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
This thread covers all fuses. You are looking for a fuse that is part of the secondary controls and related to the steering wheel/cruise. With a test light or a meter you can test a lot of fuses to see if blown very quickly.

Clutch or brake light switch is part of the braking or clutch pedal system. There is a couple of switches on the brake and one on the clutch.

This thread talks about what was needed to add cruise to a CR-Z that did not have it. He discusses the switches. Add Cruise Control to a Japanese Beta

· Registered
87 Posts
Just wanted to update this thread with my resolution in case anyone else runs into the same problem. I was checking under the dash for the brake and clutch switch and noticed a pedal stop was missing. Picked one up from Autozone for 7 bucks and my cruise control now sets like it should.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Hood Automotive exterior

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.