Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I was recently in an accident which caused both of my right side hubs to go squish, which caused both hubs and my torsion beam to be replaced.
I soon(ish) realized that my once working cruise control will not set at all anymore. When the accident occured, my whole dash flipped out, (vsa and all) as one would expect, but when I got the car back everything ran and looked fine, no lights on the dash or anything. Whether this is relevant or not to my problem, I don't know, but my cruise control certainly worked beforehand.
If my speed/abs sensors were the ones to cause this, I would get a check engine light right?
I've tested both switches under my brake pedal (cvt) and they have continuity.
I've done the gauge cluster test and all of my steering wheel buttons beeped, so I'm assuming my cruise control switch is still functioning properly.
I've scowered every possible solution to this problem on the forums, checking every potential fuse.
I should note that this is the ONLY thing not working on my crz right now. Horns, hazards, tail lights ect all work perfectly. She still drives perfectly.

Am I just stuck at this point going to the dealership and getting an HDS scan? Would there be stored HDS codes that could find the problem? I fear of an electrical short, especially after looking through the crz service manual. Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to note that I've been periodically getting an IMA light coming on, something that I'm sure is related to the hybrid cooling fan which I am fixing soon. Could be related could not be idk

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
The "speed/abs sensors" may have something to do with your problem, even though it doesn't trip a warning/error light. I say, may have something to do with it, in the sense that I've had my cruise control disengage while going through a sharp corner (but only see a momentary flash of traction control light flick on.)

I'm not sure if throwing money at parts (new sensors) is the way to go, but you might want to remove them from the hubs and clean them and blow out the hole they mount into and see if that makes any difference (and check the condition of the wiring around the shock/hub while you're at it.)
[Sorry, but I haven't actually checked the troubleshooting in the service manual, but I take it that you already went through all those steps....]

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Check post #11 from this thread:

I also fixed mine the same way. Pretty sure it was the 'brake pedal stopper' on mine. This is a little plastic piece that sits on the brake pedal to activate the brake pedal position switch. Part number below..

This will most likely fix your issue.

Here is the 'pedal position switch' section from the FSM:

I outlined the part you need. Its #7 in the 3rd image.

And shown in detail in the following image:

Part # 46505-SA5-000

There may also be one of these for the clutch pedal as well if you have a 6spd. But, pretty sure mine was the brake pedal. Been a while since I did it..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely isn't the brake pedal stopper, but I appreciate the thought out response, especially since that other thread doesn't really go into detail about cvt side of it

Guess I'll be cleaning my speed sensors, any particular spray I should use? Electric cleaner aerosol or just like... Wipe it down?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Service manual troubleshooting step 1 for "cruise control cannot be set" is Check for PGM-FI DTCs.

If you are getting an intermittent Check IMA warning I would start there.

Step 2 is check fuses B24 and B12

Step 3 you already did by checking the combination switch

Step 4 is use an HDS to check the other inputs. On the CVT that is, idle stop switch, cruise main switch, cruise set switch.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
@seejay did you check the gap between the switch and the stoppers though?

Next thing would be to check the relays definitely.

Do you have the factory service manual to do the diagnostic testing for the cruise control?

How fast are you going when you test the cruise? You need to be going 25 mph+

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Electrical wiring Gas Electric blue Machine Auto part

What relays would I be checking though? I've only tested the horn relay and that functions.

Here's the brake switches, it looks normal doesn't it?, and yes I know that one harness is unplugged in the pic

·
Registered
109 Posts
This was a weird coincidence, but both my brake and clutch plastic pedal pads broke the same day! I saw that my brake lights were on when I got out of my 2011 6 speed CRZ. Then I noticed pieces of the little plastic pads on the carpet and saw they had both disintegrated. Sure enough my cruise control did not work on the way to the Honda dealer.

I changed both of them and got cruise control to work again and my brake lights to not be lit up all the time.

Part # is 46505-SA5-000. Just like d1giPhux said. Thanks for that buddy!

The cost was under $11 and it took 30 seconds to pop both pads into the holes in the pedals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts