Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted something about this issue a while back and never could get it figured out:
I have a 2011 CRZ manual (140k)
My cruise control doesn't want to engage like 99% of the time. The "Cruise Main" indicator on the left side of the instrument panel lights up when the Cruise button is pushed to turn on. But when I attempt to set the speed, cruise will not engage. The weirdest thing about this problem is that I've discovered if I turn the cruise off and then on again and attempt once again to engage - SOMETIMES it actually will work. I've literally tried this on/off trick for 20+ times in a row and suddenly have it engage again. One thing I've noticed is that, when Decel/Set is pushed, regardless of whether the cruise decides to engage or not, the CHRG indicator fills up briefly on the CHRG/ASST indicator. Which, seems to be a normal function that takes place when the Cruise is attempting to engage. This makes me wonder if the SET button is working just fine.
On my previous post, I was advised to check fuses (which are fine). I was also advised to check brake lights (they work as well).
I know other people have run into this issue as well and so far, it doesn't seem anyone has been able to solve the problem. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or experience with this problem. Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the service manual, and did you do the tests in sections 4-24 through 4-29?
I have the manual but I sure can’t seem to find what you’re referring to. I feel kinda dumb even saying so, but I’m also wondering if maybe the 2011 manual is different than your version? I’ve looked through it several times now…

·
Registered
935 Posts
Section 4, Engine Electrical, pages 23-29 on my paper copy. The segment is titled Cruise Control

The brake pedal position switch has two contacts in it. One high current switch for the brake lights when the brake is pressed. And one low current switch for when the brake is fully released. That low current switch runs the cruise control and can foul and not report the position consistently.

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
I have the manual but I sure can’t seem to find what you’re referring to. I feel kinda dumb even saying so, but I’m also wondering if maybe the 2011 manual is different than your version? I’ve looked through it several times now…
I'll see if I can paste the text here....

Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Schematic Font Parallel Rectangle Plan

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Paper

Font Parallel Rectangle Document Number

Jaw Font Elbow Parallel Art

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll see if I can paste the text here....
Do you have the service manual, and did you do the tests in sections 4-24 through 4-29?
I had posted something about this issue a while back and never could get it figured out:
I have a 2011 CRZ manual (140k)
My cruise control doesn't want to engage like 99% of the time. The "Cruise Main" indicator on the left side of the instrument panel lights up when the Cruise button is pushed to turn on. But when I attempt to set the speed, cruise will not engage. The weirdest thing about this problem is that I've discovered if I turn the cruise off and then on again and attempt once again to engage - SOMETIMES it actually will work. I've literally tried this on/off trick for 20+ times in a row and suddenly have it engage again. One thing I've noticed is that, when Decel/Set is pushed, regardless of whether the cruise decides to engage or not, the CHRG indicator fills up briefly on the CHRG/ASST indicator. Which, seems to be a normal function that takes place when the Cruise is attempting to engage. This makes me wonder if the SET button is working just fine.
On my previous post, I was advised to check fuses (which are fine). I was also advised to check brake lights (they work as well).
I know other people have run into this issue as well and so far, it doesn't seem anyone has been able to solve the problem. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or experience with this problem. Thank you!
Hey Litz I just wanted to say thank you for posting those manual pages for me. there is nothing of the sort in anything I own and I felt pretty dumb thinking the owners manual was the same thing as a service manual...smh...but now that i see what kind of information is included in such a book, I'm absolutely finding one ASAP.

View attachment 67961

View attachment 67962

View attachment 67963

View attachment 67964

View attachment 67965

View attachment 67966

·
Registered
4 Posts
Section 4, Engine Electrical, pages 23-29 on my paper copy. The segment is titled Cruise Control

The brake pedal position switch has two contacts in it. One high current switch for the brake lights when the brake is pressed. And one low current switch for when the brake is fully released. That low current switch runs the cruise control and can foul and not report the position consistently.
You’re absolutely right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts