Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CR-Z 2010
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my crz has developed over the past month creaking suspension. When I bought the car it was silent but now is starting to sound like an old sprung mattress. It was freshly mot'd with no advisories so I can only assume it's old rubber parts drying up. Would the suspension top mounts or arb mounts cause this noise? The springs all look good and not rusty. Noise mainly comes from the front nearside.
TIA

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mines making these exact same noises but only when I’m braking and stepping on the throttle. And sometimes turning. Going up and down isn’t a problem so I ruled out the struts

·
Registered
Honda CR-Z 2010
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I thought, I might try some spray grease on the joints or some silicone on the rubber parts to see if that helps.

·
Registered
Honda CR-Z 2010
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sprayed some silicone on the arb bushes and under the suspension top mounts and now it's very smooth and quiet. All solved!

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
Spray white Lithium may have been more appropriate but if which ever lubricant you used solved the issue it is all good!

I sprayed some silicone on the arb bushes and under the suspension top mounts and now it's very smooth and quiet. All solved!

·
Registered
82 Posts

What are the arb mounts? Would you have pictures im having an issue like this as well on my passenger side front

·
Registered
Honda CR-Z 2010
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry yes the anti roll bar bushes at the mounting points. Very easy to get to and see, from behind the wheel follow the anti roll bar towards the inside of the car and just beyond where it goes into engine bay area you will see the bushes for the anti roll bar.
With the top mounts i got a straw from the spay can in one of the gaps at the bottom and pushed it to the centre, repeated at several positions around the mount.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just noticed that my suspension creaks on the rear. So I will spray some spots. Will WD-40 do the job or should I use a different spray?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts