Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
573 Posts
I always love seeing crash tests. Never seen one showing the underside of a car

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were a few different videos in the series. I just posted this one. The shot from beneath was pretty cool. One thing I noticed is they put the test dummies right up on the dash and steering wheel. I don['t usually set that close myself and that may be a bad thing I don't know. I am 5'10".

Here is a link to the CRZ crash test videos I could find.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
573 Posts
There were a few different videos in the series. I just posted this one. The shot from beneath was pretty cool. One thing I noticed is they put the test dummies right up on the dash and steering wheel. I don['t usually set that close myself and that may be a bad thing I don't know. I am 5'10".

Here is a link to the CRZ crash test videos I could find.

I did notice that too, especially for the passenger. I think they do that to simulate a worst case scenario. I watched the side pole test and they mentioned the dummy was a 5th percentile female, which I'm guessing is lower 5% stature statistically.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The CR-Z scored very well in the official European NCAP safety tests, with an especially high rating for adult occupant protection. The tests include an offset frontal impact, side impact and a (very demanding) side post impact.

You can watch the video and download the full report here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts