1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
The crash ratings, and probably some other factors, make the insurance for my CRZ significantly higher than my other cars. People tailgate and come up closer to the rear at stop lights too. I'm glad the car is loaded with air bags!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The crash ratings, and probably some other factors, make the insurance for my CRZ significantly higher than my other cars. People tailgate and come up closer to the rear at stop lights too. I'm glad the car is loaded with air bags!
I agree. My insurance agent priced out a Mini Cooper to compare and it was $130 less per year to insure than the CR-Z. I still got the CR-Z though.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I agree. My insurance agent priced out a Mini Cooper to compare and it was $130 less per year to insure than the CR-Z. I still got the CR-Z though.
Interestingly, our CR-Z is less expensive to insure than our TSX was. Still with these ratings, it's possible that we'll see an increase in premiums when we renew.

edited to add: I believe that insurance companies also heavily weight personal injury claims against the model when setting rates. So maybe if nobody crashes and dies in the car rates will stay down?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.