Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Looks like northern Kaleefornia is finally getting a few. A dealer near me in the East Bay (oakland/Berkeley) received three, one was already taken.
Z

· Registered
61 Posts
Test drove one today in Oakland, Calif. :thumbsup:

It was a a CTV with Navi. First, understand that my current car is a 2001 Prius. The Prius is a great car and actually has more power than you might be led to believe, especially for passing. Still, the CR-Z definitely has way more power in Sport and Normal mode. I'd say that it was about the same as the Prius in Econ mode, and really not all that bad. I didn't feel that Econ mode was as dreadful or useless as some of the professional reviewers might make you think. I thought the paddle shifter was fun, though I'm not sure it really helped in the acceleration department. It did give a sense of better control over the car.

I wasn't able to test the handling, but on surface street, the steering was quite responsive with a very tight turning radius. The small steering wheel helped. The suspension was tighter than the average car so I felt the road imperfection a lot more... to be expected from a sporty car. You sit pretty low adding to that sports car feel.

Great interior: the dash was informative without being too busy. The high-end seats were really nice and as others have mentioned, the finish level was pretty good. The steering wheel felt a bit farther away than normal, even with it telescoped as close to the driver as possible. Overall, I loved the CR-Z and am now trying to think of ways to scrape up the cash for one. :p

By the way, I'm no stranger to sports cars. I owned an MGB-GT in my youth and more recently, a '73 Porsche 914 2.0 (really miss that car!). The CR-Z seemed just as fun with way more comfort and sophistication.

I'm hooked!

Z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.