Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
2 hit a dealer just a bit south of me. Waiting for mine to get to the dealer, hopefully sometime this week. Blue EX 6 sp navi, sucks that we still have to wait until next week to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Just drove a blue ex automatic @ Marone Honda in Hollywood Fl. Nice little car. I want to see it in other colors before I buy one.
:eek:mg: they have a Blue one at Maroone Honda in Hollywood?? i'm so there tomorrow... wow, good thing i'm gonna be down there this weekend... i really would love to see a blue one in person...

just got off the phone with them over there... gonna see about test driving it tomorrow!! :woowoo:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, I took a CVT for a test drive last night. It's slow as expected. For as small as the engine is, the exhaust note is absolutely fantastic. I'm not sure what sort of wizardry they have going on there, but I'd love to transfer that over to a ton of other cars. The interior is as fantastic as it looks in pictures. Top notch with great plastics, smooth operating buttons and doors, great ergonomics and a perfect steering wheel.

Is it fun to drive? I think so. The chassis is pretty fantastic. It's taught, not sloppy, responsive and noticeably light compared to the other options on the road. It reminded me a lot of the Fit. In fact, it was like a Fit with more power. Having not experienced a 6-Speed, though everything I've read and been told says that it's fantastic, I can't say that it was super exciting to drive. It's seems to get around pretty well in Sport, it's tolerable in Normal driving mode. The only time I ever see myself using Econ is when I'm on the highway on a road trip. It brings the car to a screeching halt. My biggest complaint is the stupid low rolling resistance tires. The ones on the model I drove were 480 tread wear. Totally crap as far driving goes. I think a set of sticky rubber even on the stock wheels will make huge improvements in the handling characteristics. Otherwise, you're just going to get under steer.

Will I buy one? It's still up in the air. I want to drive a 6-Speed before I make the final decision, but I'm about 80% on getting one right now to replace the Shoe for daily driver duty. I've already started picking out wheels.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Another 2 @ delray Honda

Saw two more this morning @ delray Honda. A silver ex auto and a black ex six speed. They are nice! But already have extra stickers and they want to add an fx kit worth another 2K to the black one. I'm thinking white is going to be my choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone in the San Antonio/Austin corridor here in Texas might be interested to know that CR_Z has arrived for at least a few dealers. Got to drive/drool in Blue EX 6spd w/navi in the parking lot of Gillman Honda in Selma. They also have a black base CVT although neither were dealer prepped for sale. Saw a couple of the white models on the truck headed for Fernandez Honda in S.A. Holding out for a silver EX 6 spd.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Well, I took a CVT for a test drive last night. It's slow as expected. For as small as the engine is, the exhaust note is absolutely fantastic. I'm not sure what sort of wizardry they have going on there, but I'd love to transfer that over to a ton of other cars. The interior is as fantastic as it looks in pictures. Top notch with great plastics, smooth operating buttons and doors, great ergonomics and a perfect steering wheel.

Is it fun to drive? I think so. The chassis is pretty fantastic. It's taught, not sloppy, responsive and noticeably light compared to the other options on the road. It reminded me a lot of the Fit. In fact, it was like a Fit with more power. Having not experienced a 6-Speed, though everything I've read and been told says that it's fantastic, I can't say that it was super exciting to drive. It's seems to get around pretty well in Sport, it's tolerable in Normal driving mode. The only time I ever see myself using Econ is when I'm on the highway on a road trip. It brings the car to a screeching halt. My biggest complaint is the stupid low rolling resistance tires. The ones on the model I drove were 480 tread wear. Totally crap as far driving goes. I think a set of sticky rubber even on the stock wheels will make huge improvements in the handling characteristics. Otherwise, you're just going to get under steer.

Will I buy one? It's still up in the air. I want to drive a 6-Speed before I make the final decision, but I'm about 80% on getting one right now to replace the Shoe for daily driver duty. I've already started picking out wheels.
nice mini-review... if you're driving a non-Si civic like i am right now, then even the CVT CR-Z is better IMO... i test drove a blue EX at Maroone Honda earlier today and i was really impressed with how it felt...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I arrived with check in hand to buy the fully loaded silver cr-z - 1st one in my town, but was woefully disappointed. First, the visibility inside is quite limiting, especially looking towards the rear driver, and passenger sides. Backing up was quite concerning as you could not clearly visualize while turning your head back to see... Further, no keyless entry or keyless start - the old fashioned key start - ludicrous for a 2011 vehicle. Also, no satellite in the fully loaded navigation options, in spite of an ugly shark's fin on top of the roof. Acceleration was poor, especially to get on an onramp with cars going 65 mph plus... I know a lot you are lovestruck, as I was, but take a test drive before you fork over the dough... I'm not a big guy either, but still felt really closed in... All the best to you on your travels... :sadwavey:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Test drove one today in Oakland, Calif. :thumbsup:

It was a a CTV with Navi. First, understand that my current car is a 2001 Prius. The Prius is a great car and actually has more power than you might be led to believe, especially for passing. Still, the CR-Z definitely has way more power in Sport and Normal mode. I'd say that it was about the same as the Prius in Econ mode, and really not all that bad. I didn't feel that Econ mode was as dreadful or useless as some of the professional reviewers might make you think. I thought the paddle shifter was fun, though I'm not sure it really helped in the acceleration department. It did give a sense of better control over the car.

I wasn't able to test the handling, but on surface street, the steering was quite responsive with a very tight turning radius. The small steering wheel helped. The suspension was tighter than the average car so I felt the road imperfection a lot more... to be expected from a sporty car. You sit pretty low adding to that sports car feel.

Great interior: the dash was informative without being too busy. The high-end seats were really nice and as others have mentioned, the finish level was pretty good. The steering wheel felt a bit farther away than normal, even with it telescoped as close to the driver as possible. Overall, I loved the CR-Z and am now trying to think of ways to scrape up the cash for one. :p

By the way, I'm no stranger to sports cars. I owned an MGB-GT in my youth and more recently, a '73 Porsche 914 2.0 (really miss that car!). The CR-Z seemed just as fun with way more comfort and sophistication.

I'm hooked!

Z

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
I arrived with check in hand to buy the fully loaded silver cr-z - 1st one in my town, but was woefully disappointed. First, the visibility inside is quite limiting, especially looking towards the rear driver, and passenger sides. Backing up was quite concerning as you could not clearly visualize while turning your head back to see... Further, no keyless entry or keyless start - the old fashioned key start - ludicrous for a 2011 vehicle. Also, no satellite in the fully loaded navigation options, in spite of an ugly shark's fin on top of the roof. Acceleration was poor, especially to get on an onramp with cars going 65 mph plus... I know a lot you are lovestruck, as I was, but take a test drive before you fork over the dough... I'm not a big guy either, but still felt really closed in... All the best to you on your travels... :sadwavey:
sorry u didn't like, more for us i guess lol :thumbsup:

i test drove a CVT (slower) and it was quite capable of speeding up if needed even in Normal mode... i am disappointed that no XM is available... as far as size... i'm 5'10" 220lbs and the salesguy in the car with me was 6'2" at least 190lbs and both of us fit just fine in the car with plenty of leg/headroom to spare... i also agree push start SHOULD come standard and possibly the keyless entry but what do you REALLY expect from a sub-$20k car??

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.