Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Axle Back Exhaust

Check out the all new Cr-zparts.com Axle back exhaust. With larger diameter pipping 2.5" it gives you a more aggressive tone without attracting the wrong attention, and a 2 HP gain. Direct bolt on only takes about ten mins to install even the most novice tuner can install. Only $259.99 :thumbsup:
Any questions just ask.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
saw this on your site, this is what i want. I would just want a whole catback version.

a sound clip would be sweet too.
I was debating whether I should do a whole catback or just an axle, so I decided to just to run with the axleback for now and if there was enough of a demand for the mid pipe or catback I would produce one as well. Of course the customers who already purchased the axle back would receive a discount on the mid pipe.

As for the sound clip I totally spaced on making one when I had the test car with me.:eek:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
i see... sound is a pretty big factor in my decision. I dont wanna make my car sound like a giant fart. Also catback for me is a must... Looks like the quest continues!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like how the exhaust stays hidden like the OEM pipe. I'm not a big fan of having the can hanging out of my bumper. This might be in my future!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
make a midpipe and i forecast large sales numbers in your future especially if it is priced similarly to your axelback.... a few of us are looking for turndown tips...
Well if the axleback sells good then I will offer a Midpipe. Getting into a mid pipe would require more of an investment on my part maybe if there was a group buy I would be willing to get you all the mid pipe now.

^ wouldnt this be able to pair nicely with the HKS midpipe? since its in the stock location? isnt it?
As long as the HKS is in the stock location it should bolt up fine.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
^ wouldnt this be able to pair nicely with the HKS midpipe? since its in the stock location? isnt it?
it would but the HKS midpipe isnt that much larger in diameter than stock. If im gonna switch out my rear section I might as well switch out the midpipe too i think.

Well if the axleback sells good then I will offer a Midpipe. Getting into a mid pipe would require more of an investment on my part maybe if there was a group buy I would be willing to get you all the mid pipe now.
I already have an exhaust (but i am open to the idea of switching for something with a turndown tip). This forum is pretty divided in terms of those chasing MPG and those who mod so ill wait to see if people show interest.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
it would but the HKS midpipe isnt that much larger in diameter than stock. If im gonna switch out my rear section I might as well switch out the midpipe too i think.

I already have an exhaust (but i am open to the idea of switching for something with a turndown tip). This forum is pretty divided in terms of those chasing MPG and those who mod so ill wait to see if people show interest.
yeah it would make sense to get something thats also 2.5" i think it 2.5" is the perfect exhaust size to free up mid range power.

i didnt know that the HKS wasnt much larger than stock :(

Sending PM to the OP!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
the exhaust is only as free flowing as its smallest part. if the mid pipe is only 1 3/4 or whatever it is you may we well slap a 1 3/4" muffler on it because putting a larger muffler wont give you near as much power as if you enlarge the entire system.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i can personally vouch for this vendor seeing as i went to High School with him haha... you won't be let down with anything!!
LOL thanks bro

Lol again what is the function of a middle pipe??
The exhaust is usually made up of two pieces to make replacing it easier cause if it's on long piece its harder to deal with. Imagine trying to put a tube with some bends in it threw a small opening its to hard. Sorry about the rough answer lol

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Lol again what is the function of a middle pipe??
the exhaust is only as free flowing as its smallest part. if the mid pipe is only 1 3/4 or whatever it is you may we well slap a 1 3/4" muffler on it because putting a larger muffler wont give you near as much power as if you enlarge the entire system.
the mid pipe if enlarged makes it so exhaust gasses can escape with less resistance. imagine a small straw. when you drink you have to try much harder than you would if the straw was larger. A larger midpipe allows the gasses to escape more freely increasing efficiency and giving you gains in HP and TQ. There is a maximum size though based on a few factors but thats a way more complicated discussion.

One thing i disagree with is the last part of your comment TinTin. If you have a small midpipe you can still see gains by switching out the axelback because any restriction you free up helps. A full exhaust would be ideal for maximum power gains, but changing just the muffler can yield a (small) difference.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
One thing i disagree with is the last part of your comment TinTin. If you have a small midpipe you can still see gains by switching out the axelback because any restriction you free up helps. A full exhaust would be ideal for maximum power gains, but changing just the muffler can yield a (small) difference.
no you are totally correct, I left that out just because it was stated in the OP. there is a 2hp gain with this exhaust.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^ i like your idea of a group buy.

I hope the vendor realizes the interest in this! especially if he can provide dyno sheets like he did for the axleback.

Also if there were to be a midpipe made, i would want a nice high quality non louvred resonator thrown in somewhere to keep the rasp/rice down.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts