Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

Plz,people,for the Love of God,just leave these things be..before you know it people will be goobering these things into DUB with low/no sidewalls (at whom I will be laughing my arse off at,as I pass them on the road with their shattered wheels,and blown tires) and slapping those silly exhaust tips on them (which accomplish nothing whatsoever more than making the car sound like a weed-eater on meth,and the driver look like a moron)....

17" max, stock ride height..

·
Registered
579 Posts
^dito. This is no dub machine. The car would look good with 17's. Hence why it's an option directly from Honda.However, I would like Honda, I said honda, not tien or hks or something; to come out with a factory lowering kit like on the civic si. I think with a nice 1" drop it would set it off. Nothing lower. This is suppose to be a comfy eco car. I would always appologize about my ride in my previous car cuz it was slammed. It got to the point where I was embarrased to pick up girls for a date in it. *lol* Always worrying how to get over the next speed bump. Not anymore! In reality, i'm okay with the ride height. But I wont alter it too much to where I'd need a camber kit. I'm done with those days. I'm starting smart with this one.

Plus, I like how honda hid the exhaust tip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I disagree with the 'stock ride height'. I really don't think it's a "DUB" sort of thing to lower your car. Put some nice Konig's or some BBS's on it, 17" max, and lower it about an inch. Wide tires on the front, stock size on the back, some camber plates, and you'll have a nicely stanced CR-Z.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well, since it's never gonna actually be a sports car i dont see why 20's shouldn't be slapped on it. but, i would have to say those enkei's would have looked way better on a black one and of course lowered about 1.5" .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keep the wheels light. I did 16's on my CRX, hated them, went with some 15" rotas wrapped in 205/50-15's, great combo, lighter than stock. Car is a go-kart to drive. Heavy wheels will kill performance, don't do it.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Keep the wheels light. I did 16's on my CRX, hated them, went with some 15" rotas wrapped in 205/50-15's, great combo, lighter than stock. Car is a go-kart to drive. Heavy wheels will kill performance, don't do it.
agreed to an extent... 15's on a CR-Z would be a tad bit small for my personal taste... personally i think 17's would look best on this car...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey man, I was going to purchase the exact same for my 08 Civic LX 4 door, any rubbing with 18"?

I was looking at 17" to be safe, and also maintain ride comfort, I occasionally drive on bumpy roads,

what are your specs? 225 tires too wide you think?

·
Registered
780 Posts
ICK, not a fan. 18's may be a bit too big for that car. 17's fit very well. Some 18's may look nice, those are horrid IMO.

As far as 225's they fit with my 17's anyway, no rubbing. However I tried my 18x8.5 in rims with 245/45/18's from my STi on the CRZ when I first got it, the rims fit fine, the tires where too wide.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.