Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1481 - 1494 of 1494 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
I went with the Spoon Blue color on my Axis Reverb wheels. They are identical to the Advan TCII wheels with the hollow spokes.

Wheels are 18x7.5 +45 with Falken 225/40R18

Overall Diameter is about the same.... Speedo reads 1 mph slower then stock.

Lowered on B&G S2 Lowering Springs. They have a great drop and ride very smooth.

Have You got any photos of it in The rear?

· Registered
2,819 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Just got for summer Pro Corsa 17"x7.5" offset 45mm with Conti Extreme Contact Sport Plus 205/45 R17 I think they look ok but I am wondering about gas mileage, 1 wheel (rim + tire) weights around 40 lbs and I do believe it is ~5lbs more that stock wheel and also larger and wider. What do you think - will it affect mileage much?

Attachments

· Registered
2,819 Posts
Just got for summer Pro Corsa 17"x7.5" offset 45mm with Conti Extreme Contact Sport Plus 205/45 R17 I think they look ok but I am wondering about gas mileage, 1 wheel (rim + tire) weights around 40 lbs and I do believe it is ~5lbs more that stock wheel and also larger and wider. What do you think - will it affect mileage much?
The extra weight might have some negative effects to your fuel mileage but with a 205 Tire it's still fairly skinny so it shouldn't be too much of a hit.

· Registered
1 Posts
Looking for final confirmation - It is one of two option but the other I would need to get a custom bolt pattern... gross.

Wheel info: HD Switch , 18x7.5, 42mm, - Whats the best way to push them out flush, ~20-25mm. Is that a spacer?

Tire info: going to try to snag some 235/35/18s for this, should help with rub.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Volunteer Admin
2011 CRZ EX, and 2011 CRZ Mugen 060/300
6,185 Posts
Looking for final confirmation - It is one of two option but the other I would need to get a custom bolt pattern... gross.

Wheel info: HD Switch , 18x7.5, 42mm, - Whats the best way to push them out flush, ~20-25mm. Is that a spacer?

Tire info: going to try to snag some 235/35/18s for this, should help with rub.

View attachment 67307
Yes that would be a spacer with its own studs

Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Line Font

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys and girls, new CRZ owner here :)

While i was looking for some sweet summer rims, I found these bad boys:
The sparco FF1 flowforged in 8x17" with a 40 offset:
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Automotive design Alloy wheel

I think they would fit my pearlescent white crz quite well, but now my question would be about the tires.
Im considering either 215/40 or 215/45, but honestly i have no clue which tire would fit better in terms of looks.
Do i have to worry about rubbing or is any fender work needed?
Also Im considering to drop the car later by maybe 25mm or 30mm (about an inch), cause right now it looks awfully high on the stock 16x6 195/55 combo.
Any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.

· Registered
2,819 Posts
Hello guys and girls, new CRZ owner here :)

While i was looking for some sweet summer rims, I found these bad boys:
The sparco FF1 flowforged in 8x17" with a 40 offset:
View attachment 67364

I think they would fit my pearlescent white crz quite well, but now my question would be about the tires.
Im considering either 215/40 or 215/45, but honestly i have no clue which tire would fit better in terms of looks.
Do i have to worry about rubbing or is any fender work needed?
Also Im considering to drop the car later by maybe 25mm or 30mm (about an inch), cause right now it looks awfully high on the stock 16x6 195/55 combo.
Any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.
Either should work, 215/45-17 is a touch bigger diameter than stock size but is closer to matching than the 215/40 which actually comes out smaller than stock. The 45 will help(a little) to fill that fender gap too.

1481 - 1494 of 1494 Posts