Registered
1,671 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a question on a wheel setup. I've looked through about 40 pages of this thread and I did not see a similar setup.

I have a 2015 CR-Z EX that is completely stock. I'm looking for a summer wheel setup and I was checking out Tirerack. I'm interested in 17" Enkei RPF1's.

Tirerack has them in 17x7 +45 and 17x7.5 +48. They pair both wheel sizes with 205/45's. is there any issues with going with these sizes and offsets? Does anyone have this setup? I don't plan on lowering the car but if I were to it would more than likely only be by one inch on springs. Are there any issues with the setup Tirerack has to offer? I don't want to be hella flush but I don't want the rear to be super tucked either. I would like to avoid using spacers too. It seems like a lot of you are running these in the 17x8 with a +35 offset but I can't seem to find that size anywhere.

Any help would or even pictures would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
don't quite understand what you mean by "you would be in for a rocky ride. Like riding on bricks!! You are lucky my friend."
Meaning if we here in the U.S. used the same wheel/tire setup that you want to on some of our less than perfect roads, the ride would suck. At the very least it would be less than comfortable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Been looking at the offset calculator, I’m sure this combo would fit, but am curious as to what would happen if I performed the RSX type S brake upgrade

16x7.5 with a +40 offset
205/45ZR16 tires

also considering a 17x8 with +43 offset
215/45R17 tires

any info/opinions?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think both would fit the RSX brakes, but I'm not certain. The 17x8 would for sure.
I thought I saw somewhere that stock wheels clear the RSX brakes, so I’d assume these wouldn’t have too much issue either, maybe toss a spacer if I have to.
Thanks for the reply ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tire size is acceptable but a little small, 225/45r17 would better match the oem overall diameter. Leaving suspension height stock or planning a future lowering?
Thanks for the tip. It is currently lowered on manzo performance springs.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Thanks for the tip. It is currently lowered on manzo performance springs.
Correction, 215/45r17, not 225 is what you want. I fat fingered my previous entry. As far as your wheel width and offset, that's up to someone else to figure out, but there may be fender clearance issues.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
413 Posts
I see. is a 225 too wide for the crz?
I'm running 225 with a +35 offset. The wheel sticks out a tad in the front. It doesn't look bad but not great either. It's pretty flush at the back tho.

My mpg is horrible tho, usually around 28 if I'm driving normally. I have to drive with extreme care to get to 36mpg. I'm sure the wide tires have a lot to do

Front

Rear

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
so need new wheels.
something that looks crazy not wanting enkei RPF1 etc

1461 - 1480 of 1480 Posts