Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1421 - 1440 of 1480 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, here's my contribution, not very good pics but its what I have uploaded at the moment (will upload more tomorrow):

18x9 +38 225/45/18 all around on stock height.

Here's my dillema:

I'm currently at stock height and im rubbing on the inner frame at full lock at the front. I plan to lower about an inch but i do not want this to happen:

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/wheels-tires-discussion/55842-rubbing-outside-205-50-17-a.html

I'm confused because I see people in this thread running more aggressive setups but are experiencing little to no rub yet me and the member above are rubbing on the inside?

I would really like to install these lowering springs haha.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Trying to see if a 18x10in +20mm would fit in the rear of my crz. I have 20mm over fenders already on the car and my main issue is if the inside of the wheel would hit anything? Anybody have any experience with this fitment!? Lmk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking to get new wheels/tires.
Wheels would be 17x7.5 with a 50 offset
Tires would be 215/45/17
My Car is lowered 1.3 inches all around. Will i have any issues?

·
Registered
10 Posts
well i was going to grab xxr 527 in platinum but looks like its only +20 and all i see in here on that wheel is +35 and thats already flush. Sucks if youre me, I want platinum/chrome wheels.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was looking at XXR 527s too. I was thinking the 17x7.5 +40 would bring me perfectly flush in the front if I'm lowered 1.5". And with a 15mm spacer in back would be flush there also. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was looking at XXR 527s too. I was thinking the 17x7.5 +40 would bring me perfectly flush in the front if I'm lowered 1.5". And with a 15mm spacer in back would be flush there also. Am I wrong?
You are right. My wheels are sticking out about 10mm front, but the size is bigger than yours (8,25x17) and the offset is less (+35). They will fit perfectly on your car. I think you should put 20mm spacers rear to get the same look, but 15mm will be fine also :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey guys. Im currently rocking an 18" setup on my Zed and have plans on downgrading to a 17" setup.
From a fellow CR-Z owner, I managed to secure some Stance SS coilovers and currently exploring my options.
Browsing through the TireRack website for starts, I noticed two to three potential candidates that interest me.

The candidates are:
MSW: Type 22 - 17x7.5 45mm offset
Anzio Turn - 17x7.5 50mm offset
Motegi Racing MR131 Traklite - 17x7 45mm offset

Which setup do you think would work best without any rub if any? If not feel free to post suggestions from Tire Rack's selection.

Also while we are on the topic of building a package, I am also looking into tires from them as well.
For tire selection, because of SoCal weather, Im looking to getting the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 in either 205/45 or 215/45 setup.
Any suggestions or advice on what the best overall setup should be would be greatly appreciated and I do thank you for your time :)

·
Red&Black
6,008 Posts
I don't see any problem with those wheel widths. But don't go higher on the offset (+50). I would suggest looking for lower offsets, in the 30s, to avoid any rubbing on the suspension. Unless you're going to do spacers?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't see any problem with those wheel widths. But don't go higher on the offset (+50). I would suggest looking for lower offsets, in the 30s, to avoid any rubbing on the suspension. Unless you're going to do spacers?
I have not really given spacers as an option sheerly because of the stories I continue to hear about how detrimental they could be to your suspension setup and your bearings. Cant seem to find it at the moment but there has been research on the good and bads with spacers. That is why I have been keeping them an arms distance for now. Finding wheels with offsets in the 30s are tough to come by are they not? Or am I just looking in all the wrong places :blink:

·
Registered
66 Posts
17x7 +48 or 17x7.5 +35. Would be running a normal tire like a 215. Car isn't lowered but might eventually want to lower to match the wheels. It's my fiancees DD don't want to have to do any fender mods. Thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Look at the insignia in the center. I suppose they could be knockoffs of some sort, but there's a chance they are what they seem to be.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i noticed this thread has slowly become an "ask anything" wheel fitment thread rather than the useful wheel fitment contribution thread it used to be. there is a wealth of info in here that can help users find the right fitment or get an idea of a wheel fitment, but sorting through 140+ pgs is a PITA.

there are a ton of posts in here with great photos and wheel specs... in an effort to organize and clean up an excellent thread, would it be too big an ask to have all non-contributing posts deleted (that don't have any pics or reference to fitment/sizes that have been tried)?

as per the original thread:
This thread will be dedicated to wheel fitment specific to the cr-z. please follow the format...

Wheel info:
wheel brand, diameter, width, offset, and face (if possible), weight of wheel (if possible).

Tire info:
sizing, and brand/model

Suspension info:
any info regarding drop

Pictures of the wheel fitment, minimum 3 pictures please. And please make the pictures relevant, rather than an artsy shot.

please post only if you have something to contribute. start a new thread or pm if you'd like to comment on someone's wheels/fitment.

·
Super Moderator
6,119 Posts
This almost wants to be a Spread sheet or data base( this is what I thought this thread was)on some accessible place where people can list what sizes of wheels and tires work and what spacers or other modifications were needed to make it "work". with some kind of voting and or search( even a web browser can search some kinds of web pages)? I don't know but this thread has ceased to be useful. :frown2:

·
Registered
593 Posts
just scrolling through the first few pages of posts should give a good idea of what this thread should be like.

posts should be contributing or asking a question/comment in direct response to a setup that's already been posted.

that way the posts stay relevant and readers can learn and take back something instead of sifting through 100 pages of unanswered questions about similar wheel sizes and offsets that have been posted 4 or 5 times already.

i'd volunteer my time to clean up the thread, but i'm not a mod lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,119 Posts
just scrolling through the first few pages of posts should give a good idea of what this thread should be like.

posts should be contributing or asking a question/comment in direct response to a setup that's already been posted.

that way the posts stay relevant and readers can learn and take back something instead of sifting through 100 pages of unanswered questions about similar wheel sizes and offsets that have been posted 4 or 5 times already.

i'd volunteer my time to clean up the thread, but i'm not a mod lol.
Maybe this thread needs :lock: and someone can make a new thread with the good stuff from this one. Just an idea.:smile2:

1421 - 1440 of 1480 Posts