Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Proof that American Honda marketing sucks so big. What? Do they just send us the s---t to drive here in the U.S.??? We never got the Del Sol Transtop and how many more models are we going to be deprived of? WHO decides what we get here in the U.S. to drive, some old Republican white men who make the same decisions at GM and Ford to leave the good stuff overseas and send us what they think old freaks will drive??? I am an old freak and I like this stuff not the stripped down versions we get!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Proof that American Honda marketing sucks so big. What? Do they just send us the s---t to drive here in the U.S.??? We never got the Del Sol Transtop and how many more models are we going to be deprived of? WHO decides what we get here in the U.S. to drive, some old Republican white men who make the same decisions at GM and Ford to leave the good stuff overseas and send us what they think old freaks will drive??? I am an old freak and I like this stuff not the stripped down versions we get!
You do get Acura though, and the Accord cupe and V6 engine. We don't get those in Europe. So I think they bring what they think they can sell. Honda would never try to sell a V6 in Norway for example, the tax would be twice the value of the actual car if not more.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree completely-US regulations sure suck the fun out of us having fun cars here, but the EDM Civic makes my old 8th gen Civic seem like grandma's bingomobile. I looked into importing after getting passed by a RHD Accord SiR wagon a few years ago-it had VA tags. Modifications to headlight glass and other crap can get stupid crazy though.

JDM accessories like bumper light poles and folding mirrors were things I've sought after on previous Hondas of mine-"just because" and rarity/uniqueness that nobody else had-yet it was OEM. BOO YA! I really would have enjoyed a 96 Civic Ferio SiR years back, but I ended up with an EX as that was the top of the line.

I want the Euro Civic's diesel over here-

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
FN2 = Euro Civic Type-R AKA hatchback version of the USDM Civic Si... nearly identical performance, in fact the USDM Civic Si Sedan puts up slightly better numbers in some areas... what i'm trying to say is, drool over the looks and name but don't wish we had that over what we got already b/c IMHO, it's not worth it... unless you're into hatchback cars, then you're definitely posting on the right site :D

see the basic similar numbers:
Si - K20Z3 = 197hp/139lb-ft
FN2 - K20Z4 = 198hp/142lb-ft

·
Registered
64 Posts
FN2 = Euro Civic Type-R AKA hatchback version of the USDM Civic Si... nearly identical performance, in fact the USDM Civic Si Sedan puts up slightly better numbers in some areas... what i'm trying to say is, drool over the looks and name but don't wish we had that over what we got already b/c IMHO, it's not worth it... unless you're into hatchback cars, then you're definitely posting on the right site :D
Good explanation :hi5:. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

see the basic similar numbers:
Si - K20Z3 = 197hp/139lb-ft
FN2 - K20Z4 = 198hp/142lb-ft
Some more
Weight
Si(FA5): 2954lbs
FN2 : 2793lbs (1267kg)
Power/Weight ratio:
FA5: 14.99
FN2: 14.11
Suspension:
FA5: Front:MacPherson Strut
Rear: Multi-Link Rear Suspension
FN2: Front:MacPherson Strut
Rear: Torsion-Beam
Mugen Treatment:
FA5: mostly just body kits and other eye candy. Track tested sport suspension and exhaust too.
FN2: there are more Mugen goodies. Including a tuned engine putting out 240bhp.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Woah that black honda is odd shaped lol Reminds me of the jetsons cartoon lol Nice pics! Ive never seen that other honda before
that's the European Civic Type-R... basically the same as the US Civic Si in terms of performance... u can read a few posts up about it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.