Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's the new Type R coming out, or the realization that I'll never sell my beloved CR-Z, but I've always loved the aesthetic of the Type-R... and although it's a little douchey to do, I've decided to try my hand at that OEM plus look.

I've already got my white wheels, and red badges on order... but where I was hoping for some help was: The gauges. The cluster. I've searched the forum, and I did see the cool footwell lights that change colour using the camera, but nothing quite like taking those blue lights and changing them all red. I called around to spots around me, and the word is it can't be done. True?

Any insight anyone would have, would be amazing. Appreciate you all.

· Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
478 Posts
The whole point of the Type R is superior handling. Type R will always have something a basic model will never be able to get. The style can be replicated, sure. But it won't feel like one so the point is kinda moot.

· Registered
1,156 Posts
245/40r17 tires with a 200 treadwear make them handle pretty dang well. :p

Some quality coil overs properly configured take it to another level. Stock suspenders are a bit on the loose side for any sort of rubber upgrade.

Also this is about what you are looking at for changing the color of the dash.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The whole point of the Type R is superior handling. Type R will always have something a basic model will never be able to get. The style can be replicated, sure. But it won't feel like one so the point is kinda moot.
Hey bro, thanks for your comment! I totally agree that the Type R's have far superior handling. Our cars are pretty good in that department and hopefully the sway bar and strut bars I have on order can help, but it'll never be the same as a true Type R.

I respectfully don't agree that if I can't make it a true Type R (which, we don't even know what that would look like, because there was no version made of our car) then it's not worth attempting - I just try not to be that dogmatic about anything in life. It's okay if it's not perfect, as long as it's better, I'll personally be happy... and hey, maybe I can make a few people happy too :)

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
245/40r17 tires with a 200 treadwear make them handle pretty dang well. :p

Some quality coil overs properly configured take it to another level. Stock suspenders are a bit on the loose side for any sort of rubber upgrade.

Also this is about what you are looking at for changing the color of the dash.
Ryan,

Thank you SO much for posting this... that's SO COOL! I'm totally gonna show this to my electronics dude to see what he can do.

You're the man. If I can pull this of... it'll be because you showed me the way my friend.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, I feel like this video I watched in preperation for my journey totally proves your point :) but... this is just a try my friend. Just trying to make something I wish we actually got.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts