Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey !

I just saw yesterday that my pedal of throttle don't go all way to the bottom and since i have one more mat it goes even less i didn't felt it while driving too.

Is there a way to move this pedal a bit higher or have a tiner margin so i can faster go to full throttle ?

Thanks for your help !

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
You should only use one set of mats over the carpet. I am not sure if the pedal is adjustable. Hopefully one of the other members has had that part of the car apart.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should only use one set of mats over the carpet. I am not sure if the pedal is adjustable. Hopefully one of the other members has had that part of the car apart.
Yeah i know but it prevents a lot of dust like that i simply put the 2 carpets out for cleaning.

What is weird too is with only 1 carpet it's the same still blocking i think if i remove both i still have the same issue :C

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
People have had mat entanglements and accidents due to floor mats. There have been unintended acceleration accidents because of it and recalls. It is why the drivers side has the twist lock retainers so the mat does not get entangled under the pedals. It is simply unsafe but do what you want. Your car, Your money, your life.

I replaced my factory mats with Weather Tech Floor Liners and periodically I vacuum them with a shop vac and sometimes I take them out and wash and dry them with a hose and a towel.

If you remove all the mats does the pedal go all the way down? If the pedal does indeed have a problem please have a mechanic look at it but make sure you have only one set of mats in the car when you do.

Yeah i know but it prevents a lot of dust like that i simply put the 2 carpets out for cleaning.

What is weird too is with only 1 carpet it's the same still blocking i think if i remove both i still have the same issue :C

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check it once i get home yeah i saw some videos about it in this case the mat can't go under the pedal because it's a custom mat but i will try with one mat. C:

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
....Is there a way to move this pedal a bit higher or have a tiner margin so i can faster go to full throttle ?

Thanks for your help !
The OEM accelerator pedal should go all the way to the floor. If not, although it's not adjustable, the previous owner could have put some spacers in the backing plate, or something really stupid like that. Other than that, it's designed as a unit, so don't/can't adjust it higher or lower, except....

...when I installed my Mugen pedal covers on the clutch, brake, and accelerator pedals, I know I had to bolt/screw them on with the supplied hardware. I think it was the accelerator pedal that was (from factory,) a little lower to the floor in relation to the other pedals, so I put 1/4" spacers between the foot pedal and the Mugen cover to raise it, so it can be done, but make sure it's secure and safe and all of that--just sayin'. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
is there any part of it that can be bent to make it not go all the way down or a cable that stretches?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The OEM accelerator pedal should go all the way to the floor. If not, although it's not adjustable, the previous owner could have put some spacers in the backing plate, or something really stupid like that. Other than that, it's designed as a unit, so don't/can't adjust it higher or lower, except....

...when I installed my Mugen pedal covers on the clutch, brake, and accelerator pedals, I know I had to bolt/screw them on with the supplied hardware. I think it was the accelerator pedal that was (from factory,) a little lower to the floor in relation to the other pedals, so I put 1/4" spacers between the foot pedal and the Mugen cover to raise it, so it can be done, but make sure it's secure and safe and all of that--just sayin'. :)
Thanks for your reply sadly didn't had the time to check maybe tomorrow i will give a look at it. But really detailed thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts