Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my tax assessment (and bill :bored:) for my CR-Z. According to Wake County, NC a 2011 CR-Z is worth $12,440. :grin: For comparo sake my 2003 Acura RSX Base Auto was worth $6620.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Our bill said ours was valued at $10,400. I dunno if that's good or bad...?

(We have the CVT, EX, with MSRP $22,160)

Ah, ha! Further research tells me this is how they calculate it:
In the year preceding the designated year of manufacture
(brand new car released before model year) - 50% <<prob because there's no way you have it for more than a few months>>
In the designated year of manufacture- 90%
In the second year - 60%
In the third year - 40%
In the fourth year - 25%
In the fifth and succeeding years -10%

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
What is a tax value of a vehicle.

It appears to be a local state/county assessed type of tax for those states/counties who have extra taxes based on the type of car you have for your annual tags. ?? Some states are based on wieght and I have never lived in a state that assessed the value of your car for tax purposes.

I am curious also. OP, how do they assess taxes for your vehicle? Is it the annual tag fee?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
CT goes by value of the car and my city taxes twice a year. FML and this isn't the only new car in my household so yea we pretty much get raped

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
CT goes by value of the car and my city taxes twice a year. FML and this isn't the only new car in my household so yea we pretty much get raped
Yikes. Have been lucky I guess being previously in the military and exempt in my previous life. Up in in WA State, pay about 50 dollars a year for tags (based on vehicle weight) and that is it. Not to bad for a currently blue state I guess. Knocking on wood.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What is a tax value of a vehicle?
It's the assessed value of the vehicle for calculating excise tax in states or cities that require it.

Where I live the city/town tax assessor sends you a bill every year that lists the "tax value" for every registered car at your address, and you have to pay 2.5% of that tax value (prorated for the number of months you've had the car registered).

So for our 2011 CRZ we bought in Sept 2010:
tax value: $10,400 (they estimated it at 50%)
prorated for 4 months (Sept-Dec)
$10,400 * 4/12 * 2.5% = $86.67

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.