Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a New 2013 CR Z last week and it appears there is room in the rear for a donut spare. Has anyone found one suitible for use. Thanks

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have a slightly bigger spare 125/70 16 that the dealer gave me when I bought my 13. If I unclip the rear floor, and take the foam out, I can sit the spare on top of the battery frame, and then clip the floor back in. All the honda mechanics I know told me not to do that though....even though that is where the spare goes for the 11-12,and the 'spare kit' for the 13 sold by Honda. The only issue is the floor sits up about a half inch higher, which could easily be supported by some very stiff foam to give the floor support again.

I have never contacted Honda about this...but aren't we supposed to have free 24/7 roadside assistance because of the lack of spare?

Carrying this spare is a pain in the @$$ and takes up room in my cargo area. I have never had a blow out or a flat that required immediate changing of the tire. I had one small leak caused by a wood nail, so I was able to drive the 10 minutes to get it patched...but I know the moment I take the spare out, and dirve without it, I will have a blowout.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spare

I was offered roadside assistance when I bought the car but it was with a monthly fee tacked onto my loan. I declined . I have only had one blowout on the road that required a spare but just don't feel confident driving a long distance without one.

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,781 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts