Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Lets hope that is just some reporting done with bad information :)

I honestly think Honda would have a minimum 40 MPG goal for the CRZ. Remember Tokyo hasn't full even started yet, so maybe some bad information got out. (just like the ongoing reports of a 1.3 liter engine instead of the 1.5 liter)

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
If I was Honda I would try my best to rid this 'rumor' off the internet as fast as possible. We all know how quickly rumors on the web can travel, and if this is false information that gets out it could totally ruin the CRZ chances of being successful. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that is indeed just a bad rumor.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes at 32-25 MPG that is just beyond sad, a Toyota Corolla gets that and that is a 1.8l engine and a none hybrid 4 door. As I have said before unless they make a real performance option anything under 40 MPG is death for this car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For a hybrid car that is as small as the CRZ is, it would definetly be nicer to see 5-7 MPG higher. I would suspect Honda has the research and developement (and the money) to fund a more efficient hybrid with some higher numbers.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Me too, a base Corvette C6 with a 400 hp V8 gets 30mpg cruising down the highway and you can always turn the engine off in traffic to save gas

CRZ needs 40 mpg min for me to be in
If the Honda gets 35 mpg average while keeping an under 9 second lauch time I'm in. That Vette ain't gonna get 30 mpg mixed city/hwy. My current hybrid can do 40-42 with mostly city driving. 5 mpg less for a much quicker car is hardly a sacrifice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
While I agree with the 5mpg less for a quicker car is hardly a sacrifice, I just don't think the CRZ has either. The 0-60 time sounds like it will be somewhere in the mid 9s and the MPG will only be 32 MPG. That isn't good on either ends.

Then again everything is just rumors at this point....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think my Prius does 0-60 in around 10

I'd like to see a 7 or under 0-60 and 40 mpg

All Chevy has to do to make the Vette keep up w the CRZ at 32 mpg is add an option that kills the engine but keeps the AC & accesories on at traffic lights

That would kill the need for a CRZ, some cars in EU already have this option

·
Registered
83 Posts
Honda better have the CRZ putting out at least an over of 35 MPG or they could be disappointing lots of would be buyers. But I hardly trust the internet on these topics as they seem to be just another writer trying to get fame by spreading a bad rumor.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I think my Prius does 0-60 in around 10

I'd like to see a 7 or under 0-60 and 40 mpg

All Chevy has to do to make the Vette keep up w the CRZ at 32 mpg is add an option that kills the engine but keeps the AC & accesories on at traffic lights

That would kill the need for a CRZ, some cars in EU already have this option
No hate meant for the Vette but you'll need a heck more than a simple advanced version of GM's BAS autostop system to push 32 mpg :D

Second time I've called you out, no harm meant. Just a point I always catch on when folks compare cars using only potentional hwy averages.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts