Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My company had decided to import a JDM CR-Z to HK for selling few months ago....

So, after not long that Japan launched the car, the car is here right after a week and it had been purchased by my customer which is also a good friend of mine.

Here is a few picture of the actual car...it's the Alpha version with 7 speed CVT transmission

I have to agree that the stock alloy wheels have to go.....and look at the offset.....there's a lot of space in the rear to put wider wheels....other than that the car looks good in stock form....my personal fav. will be the LED eyelid and the blue house that surrounding the main beam....

Being a Hybrid, it have a lot of information on the dash all about the battery and fuel consumption.....the design of the dash is amazing, VERY VERY CYBER, the colour of the circle surrounding the speedo would change if you select the car in different mode..which just feels like a cheapo version of LFA Cluster..... the design is much better than many of the EUROPEAN made cars.....however, the material they used gives you 'it's a cheap car' feeling....however, being a Alpha model at least they have some metal inserts on the door handles and leather trimmed steering wheel which make it looks better...

Don't try to think of sitting an adult at the backseat.....you will be having a hardtime....there's no leg room at all....should be storage instead of seats......

The 7-speed CVT Transmission is better than i thought, quick response in Manual mode and the paddle shift is easy to reach(unlike some euro cars). It's smooth and quiet too for daily driving. Just tab the shift up/down button once and it will go into manual mode.

While stopped in traffic, the main engine will be 'AUTO OFF' and running with the elctric motor, when you release the brake, the engine will start itself again. The transaction is smooth(well, better than the some of the toyota's hybrid) and personally i think it's a good design because you there will be no engine sound/vibrate when waiting at traffics and you can enjoy your fav. music.

In econ mode, the car hardly rev over 2k, it's real good for town driving and saving petrol. However, if you want to accelerate hard in this mode, then you will be having a hard time because the car won't go at all.

Sports mode definetly translate the car into a real little sports car, it will keep the car running at a higher rev, the car just give you what you want.

The chassic of CR-Z is very rigid, road noise is low and it feels like it goes slower than actual speed. You can feel the car is 'light' when it's accelerating, braking and cornering. Honda make a great job to make sure the car is well balanced. The stock suspension is hard and firm, i can feel every little bump on the road, lot's of road information, thats what i like about Japan made sports car. Accelerating is similar to a 1.5 JAZZ or 1.5 Vtec civic...cannot ask for more for a 1.5 engine, probably have a 1160kg body helps a bit. The stock brake more than enough for normal drive and very responsive, with the help of the transmission i can late brake into corners without worrying. The steering wheel is heavier then average.... going into a wide and long 90degree turn at about 70km/h, expected there will be a little bit of understeer with the OEM RE050 tyres, however, there's no understeer at all, it just gripped though the corner and i can feel that the car is telling me that the car still have a lot of grip and ask for more from my right foot....

To be honest, i had tried others European made fun hatchbacks such as Golf, scirocco, they never gaves me such road information and such balanced. This car is a real little sports car.

Oh, and this car have my fav. Keyless go too :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
car is now fited with 215/45/17 Advan A048 Semi slicks with custom coilover....which is a bit bumpy and might need to change to softer springs later....however there's a lot of grip and very minor roll now, very sharp turn-in and the tail would follow the front :) very well balanced...

0-100 time i feel like is about 9-10 seconds..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Now running with white shoes....

the car had only done 180km since it's out from the factory....so i can't estimate the fuel economy yet...

But now with town/spirited driving....the car is doing 10.5km/L according to the data from the car....

·
Registered
349 Posts
car is now fited with 215/45/17 Advan A048 Semi slicks with custom coilover....which is a bit bumpy and might need to change to softer springs later....however there's a lot of grip and very minor roll now, very sharp turn-in and the tail would follow the front :) very well balanced...

0-100 time i feel like is about 9-10 seconds..
Really nice to know that the car handles.
Thanks for the reviews.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
better pics with the wheels

FInally got a chance to push it a bit harder up on the mountains with 215/45/17 A048 Semi slicks...
The tyres is so grippy that cannot get the car understeer....

it's is quite tail happy with the coilovers fitted, which is good for a FF car.....
very light weight and rigid too.....and the stock nrakes handles pretty well too

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.