Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen so many people interested in the car and wonder how many of us is now an owner or a soon to be?

Thinking maybe we should form a register here and see how the list grows.

(March/2010) - White CR-Z - wan888 - (Hong Kong)

·
Registered
57 Posts
April 4, 2010. Dark pewter CR-Z, for the Japanese market. Reg: Hiroshima 428. Alpha model, with a few Modulo options. Have just received an official Owner's Registration Plate from Honda (sent to customers who pre-ordered the car before its official launch).

·
Registered
163 Posts
(July/2010) - Red CR-Z GT + 17" wheels + glow pack - Cord77 - (UK)

On order currently, expected mid November 2010.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On order (latest estimate late June delivery after 2 weeks delay).
> White GT
> 17" alloys
> Dynamic/Dynamic+ Pack
> Glow Pack

Will post pics when I finally get hold of it

·
Registered
693 Posts
Tom From Maui Hawaii.
My dealer has confirmed my order for an EX 6 speed in North Shore Blue Pearl.
It is scheduled for my delivery in October.
Order has arrived at Dealer Today, October 13, 2010
Waiting for shipping from Oahu to Maui.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pearl White CR-Z EX

Put my deposit down on the above two weeks ago.

Dealer says late August or early Sept before it arrives.

My dealer also says that his initial allocation of 5 cars already is spoken for with deposits. I got the last one.

·
Registered
234 Posts
November 2010 (hopefully) Germany
  • CRZ GT
  • Dark Pewter Metallic
  • Type-S kit (Modulo Splitter, Grill, Diffusor and Spoiler)
  • DVD Satnav
My dealer told me that there are so many oders that he's not sure that mine is delivered in november. :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, I got my premium White pearl Sport last week!
No extras although did aquire the CRZ "Elegance" mats & CRZ keyring on eBay last week!

·
Registered
4 Posts
CR-Z 01
Picked up my Milano Red CR-Z Sport last week, Looks fantastic, drives well, bit tight in the 2 rear seats, ok for small adults & kids, view out the rear bit restricted with the bar across, but will get used to it, the dealers in the uk are not giving any discount on the cr-z, so you can only negotiate on your trade in or cash!!, best of luck, only done about 90 miles so far so not able to comment on handling, other than it appears good, rear parking sensors “great”, think they should be on the front as well, as you are not able to see the front of the car when parking behind another car etc, no doubt will get used to it, having sensors fitted to front is an option, although expensive!! About £600 in UK!!!

I have found one problem which i thought Honda had made a mistake with, which turns out to be deliberate for some unknown reason, as i have phoned them to confirm, as follows.
Has anyone of you owners of this vehicle noticed that in the UK right hand drive, that your drivers right hand mirror no longer has the extra blind spot on it to aid safety when lane changing for overtaking etc, as it is now fitted to the near side of the car as Honda say, there is a blind spot when you are reversing the vehicle!! I have been told by Honda that the European models will be the same, i.e., no blind spot mirror on driver’s side, where is the sense in that?? & safety factor??
The following is from an email i received from Honda UK yesterday. I was told that the only way Honda will do anything about it is if enough people complain, so CR-Z owners, over to you!! I have.

““Just to clarify our conversation today I would like to confirm that the driver side blind spot mirror is the correct spec for the UK market.
European models have the blind spot on the opposite side, but neither UK nor Europe have a blind spot mirror on both sides. There is no current plan to alter the design going forward.

In answer to your question about ordering the European right hand side blind spot mirror, we are unable to offer this as an option and the blind spot angle will be wrong for the UK market, hence then becoming a safety issue””.

I also checked on other models, civic, jazz, cr-v all in last 2 yrs have blind spot mirror on drivers side, plus many other manufactures have it on the driver’s side, some on both sides.

I hope many others contact and complain to HONDA from UK & Europe in the context of uk right hand drive & Europe left hand drive, as this applies to them, also think North America as well, maybe someone can confirm this.
Please inform others of this issue, point them to this forum. Please let me know what response you get from Honda Customer Service. Telling Honda how you feel will be the only way they will change the setup.

What are your thoughts on this?? Anyone in the press or media follow up on this issue??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll be picking up my black GT tomorrow (Norway), so I guess I should post something here :)

Except for the test cars, which have been in the country since mid-May I think, I believe it's off the first batch delivered. Oh, and I think I'll do some extra driving this weekend :)

1 - 20 of 205 Posts