Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm finally to the point of making a purchase, and I really want a CR-Z, but I'm not sure if it will adapt well to my changing lifestyle over the next 5 years. I'm not the kind to switch vehicles every 3 years, so when I get something I like to keep it.

My wife loves the CR-Z too, but a kid is eventually on the horizon in the next 3 years, and I know I'll inevitably need to drive and the CR-Z is not really car seat friendly.

The Nissan Juke carries on the sporty feel of the CR-Z, but is a little higher, and has slightly more room. And it's pretty fun to drive too.

It's a good compromise transitioning from an FJ Cruiser, so I have a feeling that's what I'll end up with.

But man, I love the dream of a CR-Z!:thumbsup:

I guess it's a battle between fantasy and responsibility.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
A car is a big purchase, if you think space will become an issue and have to sell the CR-Z in a year then you suffer a financial blow.

On the other hand if you surrender to the wife and her baby making process you will end up here:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Are you married Huskies? :rotfl:
I'm selfish. I spend money on me. I could never have kids much less a wife.

if that's your dilemma, i'd wait until the Fit Hybrid or Fit-EV comes out 2011-2012... or i'd just get a Fit or Insight... i really can't see what is appealing about the Juke... but that's my opinion
The Juke drives better than one would assume if judges just on looks. It has added ride height which translates into a good view on traffic ahead. It scoots away from a stop even faster than my car. It's one of those cars I won't pull up directly beside just to prevent the driver from trying to street race with another "oddball car".

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
The Juke drives better than one would assume if judges just on looks. It has added ride height which translates into a good view on traffic ahead. It scoots away from a stop even faster than my car. It's one of those cars I won't pull up directly beside just to prevent the driver from trying to street race with another "oddball car".
sorry, i cannot see myself EVER driving this under my own will... i can care less if it did 0-60 in 2.3seconds and pulled a 2.6 G around the corners... that thing is just fugly...
Juke = 2010 Aztek
:rotfl:

·
Registered
18 Posts
These were actually the 2 cars I was considering; obviously the CRZ won, but I am also childfree with firm plans to stay that way...

The Juke is definitely cool with lots of features. If my husband didn't already have an Element, I would have gone with the Juke. With one SUV in the household, I had the luxury of choosing a 2-seater. Also the Nissan dealer was a jerk, trying to tell me the Juke was premium, therefore it would be several thousand over MSRP for me. :rolleyes: :mellow: :angry: You know, cause I'm a stupid little girl...

Sounds like you may want to really consider the Juke...

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
^ dealer markups suck.

OP: the Juke is interesting. I kinda wanna see one on the road before i judge. It could be a fun car. The CRZ is the way to go though. Its a Honda so its customizable / moddabe and will last you a while. its also more efficient and you get discounts on car insurance etc.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i wouldnt say the juke is an aztek. It's def one of those cars that grow on you like the crz has on me. Although, I dont know why they skimped on the headlights. Some HID projectors wouldve looked awesome in those headlights they've got. It's got the motor and drivetrain to make it fun. For family, idk. You'd want something thats at least got extra seats. So crz may not be the answer. This is why i enjoy being not married right now. I can own any type of car i want that i can afford.

I understand you want something that's sporty and fun for you, but practical for the family. You may want to look into subaru legacy gt or something. I think the juke has alot of potential. Depends what your price range is.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey all,

I'm finally to the point of making a purchase, and I really want a CR-Z, but I'm not sure if it will adapt well to my changing lifestyle over the next 5 years. I'm not the kind to switch vehicles every 3 years, so when I get something I like to keep it.

My wife loves the CR-Z too, but a kid is eventually on the horizon in the next 3 years, and I know I'll inevitably need to drive and the CR-Z is not really car seat friendly.

The Nissan Juke carries on the sporty feel of the CR-Z, but is a little higher, and has slightly more room. And it's pretty fun to drive too.

It's a good compromise transitioning from an FJ Cruiser, so I have a feeling that's what I'll end up with.

But man, I love the dream of a CR-Z!:thumbsup:

I guess it's a battle between fantasy and responsibility.
A CRZ would probably cost you less to own over the next few years based on it's better fuel economy and Honda's better resale value compared to Nissan.

But if you think you will have a kid within the next few years, you will have to sell the CRZ for something more practical and that may not be the most cost effective route.

I think the Juke has a cool quirkiness to it that I would think you must enjoy considering you own an FJ. But if you want the car that will be most practical and give you more space and will be just as fun a drive it would be the Honda fit Sport. And I would definitely not wait for the hybrid version, you will get 33 to 38 mpg from the conventional engine Honda fit today.

But if you want one last fling with a sporty car before you are in the minivan that GoHuskies showed you, the CRZ could be that last fling.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the Juke is a stunning and daring design. And one of the few cars where the concept car was ugly but the final car is nice. I would be all over it if I did not care about CO2 and emissions, etc. I had one of the first year RAV4s that was short and had 2 doors, and the Juke reminds me of it--reminds me as far as size, utility and fun factor.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I don't mind 95% of the Duke, but man, those front lights..... What were they thinking?
:sheep:

Nissan us gunning to be one of the most unique mainstream automakers out there. Everyone else is going bland or alien. Designs like the above are not for me but I like that Nissan isn't holding back and playing it safe.

When it comes to the bread & butter stuff Nissan is putting out some good cars thou: Ellure concept (next Altima?) is hawt :drool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.