Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new memeber here! I'm looking to buy my first car, and i can't seem to choose between the CR-Z or Hyundai Genesis Coupe...I'm really starting to like the CR-Z, but I just have a few questions to ask..

-How long does the battery last?
-How much does it cost to replace the battery?
-What type of gas do I have to use? (Can I just use regular? Lol)
-Should I get the base model or EX?
-How much do oil changes usually cost?

Sorry, but i'm pretty much a car noob..so sorry for the dumb questions, lol.
Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
-THESE CARS ARE NOT COMPARABLE AT ALL
-get the EX if you can
-you can use regular gas
-normal cost oil changes (dealer prices)
-Battery is under warranty for something like 8 yrs (cost was covered in a thread here - search)
-battery isnt like a cell phone it lasts based on how you drive.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Go Genesis.
If you even contemplate to compare Honda and Korean piece of garbage, which most people don't even know how to pronounce their name,
you deserve Genesis.
Well, I wouldn't go that far... but Honda engineering is (in my opinion) much more refined than the Hyundai's. The Genesis is a decent car though, it's not as bad as all that.

I can see where you would be on the fence about these two cars though, because I actually compared both models as well. Though they are not the same type of vehicle in terms of marketing positioning, they are at similar price points (if you go with the entry level Genesis Coupes). The best thing I could say is drive both a few times, and you will most likely be favoring the CR-Z. The power on the Genesis is only slightly better (with the 4cyl Turbo), and as previously stated, the transmissions are pretty rough. Get yourself a CR-Z, and you will save money on price and gas and still have a lot of fun driving it.

Peace

·
Registered
815 Posts
yeah they are only good in CVTs or automatic, The manual tranny put on Genesis Coupe is a garbage..
remember Genesis coupe is rear wheel drive so I think both cars have merits for similar price but I wouldnt buy it unless it's V6GT.
Gas.. about the same from what I see. Look at Kia Forte, they have 17.5km to a liter of gas and it's not even a hybrid it's Gas + autostop.

but still I would go for CRZ:thumbsup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
as a hyundai and honda owner(sonata & CRZ) i can say that the hyundai brand has come a long way and the long warranty periods are nice. However the quality of the honda shows thru more than hyundai. I love my new CRZ but the two models you are comparing are apples & Oranges. you would be better to compare with the elantra as far as mpg and size. i recently drove myself, wife, 2 kids(18 & 7), and mother-in-law from NY to orlando FL in the sonata and it was a great ride. no problems at all with the car. just my 2 cents but both brands have been good for us

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
2.0L turbo RWD at 200HP felt slower than my 2.2L VTEC FWD Prelude at 200HP.

i also test drove both the Genesis and CRZ as i was also debating between those 2 for the price range. the Blind spots are identically horrible on the rear quarters, but the CRZ not being as long makes side mirror use much more practical.

oil change prices are pretty much the same on any car. costs usually vary on type of oil used (regular or synthetic).

i also didnt buy it cus i wanted a winter car and RWD isn't really practical in the snow. (and cus i wanted to secretly buy the CRZ deep down inside)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is probably a really dumb questions but...how many seats does the cr-z have? I've heard from some people that it's only a 2 seater..but some people are telling me it's a 5 seater? And do the seats come in leather? (I don't really want leather)

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
This is probably a really dumb questions but...how many seats does the cr-z have? I've heard from some people that it's only a 2 seater..but some people are telling me it's a 5 seater? And do the seats come in leather? (I don't really want leather)
US is a two seater. Have to have leather installed as an aftermarket purchase.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.