Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Cr-z or Civic Si?

18K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  speednutsII 
#1 ·
So I have been seriously shopping around for a CR-z and ended up also looking at the 2011 Civic Si while at the dealership today... They have a great financing incentive now of.9% for 60mos and i was def impressed with how the car handled and rode.

Currently I'm driving a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT with 75k miles and looking to get into something newer/ non turbo/ more fuel efficient. These are my two best options.

I really like the cr-z and my job will give me an additional $3,000 towards the purchase of it ( or any hybrid ). With the civic si I'm footing the whole bill. Financially its like 5k for the crz or 15k for the civic out of pocket.

In addition I am huge into cycling and am worried about hauling bike/ gear in the crz.... I know I can add a rack onto it but think it looks a bit silly...

What would everyone here do?

#2 ·
Civic Si and CR-Z are really two different beasts. You'll get much more performance out of the Si and much better MPG out of the CR-Z. Really depends on which is a priority for you.

Regarding the bike, there are a couple other threads in these forums about storing a bike in the car. I don't carry a bike myself, but from what I understand, some bikes are able to be loaded into the car when you remove the tires and some won't fit regardless.

#3 ·
if your looking into geting that 3000$ from your compagnie the crz IS the sportyest hybrid out there.and for the bike i'm note sure but the crz has a big trunk with the backwall down but not very deep best bet is to bring the bike to dealer and try.good luck:thumbup:

#5 ·
The civic Si is a hellaMachine, thats for sure. And it definatly gets its props for having more than double the passenger capacity, and just more stuff hauling in general. Still, unlike the CRZ there are many, many Civics out there, and its still a civic. Even the Si version, bunches of them, already. If you enjoy driving a somewhat more rare car with more of a go-cart feel than a "hopped up sedan" feel, you'll prolly want the CRZ. But think long and hard about whether the limit of one passenger or the small cargo space will bother you much in the future. I did, decided it was ok because I have an old truck I can use when I'm needing to haul things, and as far as passengers go long as I have room for one girl im set :thumbsup:

#8 ·
I changed from my 03 EP3 SiR to CRZ as the gas price is crazy everywhere now-a-day, of cause power-wise the CRZ cannot compare to the EP3, unless you are looking forward to put the CRZ to a track-day or something like that, otherwise it is a fun car to drive with, at least I don't feel regret.

In terms of the bike storage, I choose to install the hitch system instead of the roof rack which I had it on the EP3 before, one major factor is because the wind-drag, that can totally effect the distance with one full tank can cover (without rack = 560km, rack only = 520km, rack w/ bike/snowboard = 450km)

just a .02 of my thought

#14 ·
I have a Trek 7000 bike that I used daily to commute from my parking space (I know, that sucks) to my work. I take the front wheel off and lay the bike down in the back cargo area. It fits in there just right. I do that since I wanted to avoid having to put a bike rack on the car and ruin it's look. Having said that, the Si packs a lot of punch for it's price. But, like everyone said, it is a civic so not many people on the road will know much about the car except that it's a civic (most people don't know much about the distinction drawn with the Si version).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.