Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
It is a serious point though, the CR-Z is the first Honda hybrid in the UK to get a reduced warranty from 8 years to 5 in their hybrid range. Its extra annoying because when I placed my order I was told it was 8 years, then found out on here that it was only 5.

On top of that my dealer is really ruining my new car buying experience by giving me wrong information, which has led to a 3 month delay on my order (since I had to change my grade to the GT once I found out the right information).

My expected delivery date has slipped to 25th November now, still over 3 months away for a car I was the first to test drive at my dealer back at the start of June, and I placed my order 2 days later.

Not a happy bunny atm. If I get one more piece of hassle from this dealer I think I'll just take my deposit back and look at the Audi A1 or Citroen DS3, or maybe just get a rental car since this is a second car.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I believe that the length of the battery warranty in the US is based on our emissions laws. New cars sold in the US must meet certain emissions standards for at least 8 years. So some components are warranted for that length of time. The batteries affect fuel economy and therefore the amount of emissions. So I think that is why they are warranted for a longer period. In California and other carb states the battery warranty is 10 years and 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Have you all noticed how hateful pple are online about the cr-z. They all want, a 200hp, plus, etc motor. You know what I mean. Now I was the same way. In fact, I said that I lost faith in Honda and that they were going green and will never produce a sporty car for a while. But the funny thing is, is I ended up buying one. Most of these people have not driven the car. Because I was one of them. When I saw it online, it was okay looking, The interior was neat. But the specs made me pissed.

But when I test drove it and saw all the tech stuff and gizmos, I was utterly impressed. I fell in love right away. I will be honest, it's fast enough in Sport mode to where I wont grip about it- FORTUNATLY. So far MPG is sketchy. It's too early for me to really make a clear statement about it. I'm still getting used to the "lower" power. What makes the car neat is the full amount of tq at just 1,000 rpm. It would take 5600rpm to reach the full tq in my lude. The crz is def zippy in low speed traffic. I'm a very self conscience person sadly. When people look at my car, i cant help to wonder what they are thinking. So far, ive gotten positive comments. Both from people who are not really into cars. But appreciate a sporty look. Plus, iggnorance is bliss. *lol* I'm hoping soon actually ill get over my bullshit self conscienceness.

My issue was, I needed a newer car right away. It's hard going to a downgrade though. Motor wise. However everything else, especially interior blows the prelude out of the water. Things like usb port was a big one for me as well as killer sound system. I had several blown speakers, no sub and sound really distored with bass.

I was a hater, but now I look forward to getting into it, even knowing it's not a 300hp car or something. I just hope the aftermarket support for it grows. Companies like mugen are great ,but not for the average college student with.

The car grows on me. I have gotten looks. Not sure what kind. I think the...wtf is that? *lol*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.