Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
engrish por favor???

am i the only one who thinks that oil is really dark/dirty for only having 1000km on it?? i mean i beat the crap out of my Si and changed the oil at 3000miles and it came out looking clear as water...

oh not to mention that was a lot of oil to be pouring out of there... i think they might have been pouring some in from the top b/c there's no way it holds that much oil...

·
Registered
349 Posts
engrish por favor???

am i the only one who thinks that oil is really dark/dirty for only having 1000km on it?? i mean i beat the crap out of my Si and changed the oil at 3000miles and it came out looking clear as water...

oh not to mention that was a lot of oil to be pouring out of there... i think they might have been pouring some in from the top b/c there's no way it holds that much oil...
Oil looked clean..very clear light brownish.

I do however agree, that is way too much oil, I think they might be flushing it out.
There's no way there's that much oil coming out of that 1.5 liter. I've own a fit and do all my own oil changes.

I wish they show the oil pan and where the filter was located, instead of showing the stream of oil.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
it's not filthy black oil... but i still think it's rather dark for not having many miles/km on it... my first 3 oil changes weren't even that dark on my Si and i really beat the crap out of that little 2.0 bouncing the limiter at shifts, racing (legally), and just very aggressive driving...

i thought flush at first too but there's really NO REASON to flush a brand new engine... in fact flushing it will probably do more harm than good... the oil needs to wear the parts in and flushing it constantly can make that "wear" non-existent which could lead to premature part failure...

·
Registered
349 Posts
it's not filthy black oil... but i still think it's rather dark for not having many miles/km on it... my first 3 oil changes weren't even that dark on my Si and i really beat the crap out of that little 2.0 bouncing the limiter at shifts, racing (legally), and just very aggressive driving...

i thought flush at first too but there's really NO REASON to flush a brand new engine... in fact flushing it will probably do more harm than good... the oil needs to wear the parts in and flushing it constantly can make that "wear" non-existent which could lead to premature part failure...
There's many debates on the break-in period. Some say to let it break in for few hundred miles and some say the intial break is is the first 10miles.

It all depends on who or what you believe. This person likely believe the first 10miles and flushing it early will get rid of any metal deposits that might be floating in the oil. By getting ride of it it'll prevent it from sticking into the moving parts and such.

Personally, I do believe in the hard initial break and flush the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.