1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
674 Posts
one interesting fact, the manual makes 5 more pounds of torque than the CVT. both tranny choices peak at 122hp though.
It's the area under the curve that matters - you get the hp/tq earlier in the game with the 6-speed.

Loving the Autoblog comments, as always :pP:

And thanks for the link - I somehow managed to miss the one article that actually had some interesting info in it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the area under the curve that matters - you get the hp/tq earlier in the game with the 6-speed.

And thanks for the link - I somehow managed to miss the one article that actually had some interesting info in it.
ditto. i was randomly googling and came across it. really interesting article on the power train and hybrid tech in our car.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

I bolded what's improtant and what I constantly say when I see people talking about peak #'s. You know those 1,300HP Supras? They're really not that fast. Don't get me wrong, they're fast, but not 1k+hp fast. My '68 Camaro dynos ~700whp. Immediate torque and immediate HP. So much area under the curve I can fit my head in it. lol I smoke the crap out of 1khp Supras at the strip. Most of the time, when the tuner only cares for peak power.:rolleyes:

And I payed a whole lot less for my motor than they did. I payed for internals only, besides a Holey double pumper mech. secondary carb. They payed for that, plus turbo and accesories. Not to mention I built the motor.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
take me for a ride lol

i pointed out the part about torque to highlight a difference in tranny choice. it's interesting how manuals always seem to be a bit peppier.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Fantastic article thanks!
Agree. Thanks. Good post.
Now have a good Honda IMA explanation when I always get those envitable questions on it.
R/Scott

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
take me for a ride lol

i pointed out the part about torque to highlight a difference in tranny choice. it's interesting how manuals always seem to be a bit peppier.
If you're ever in Houston hit me up. Glassblowing and cruisin' in the Camaro.

Agree. Thanks. Good post.
Now have a good Honda IMA explanation when I always get those envitable questions on it.
R/Scott
Yep. It's really a quite simple system. I'm very happy for that. Less things to go wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.