Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my Yahoo! home page and was pleasantly surprised when I saw one of the lead stories was their top ten list of fun to drive new autos. Check out the article at Top 10 Fun-to-Drive Cars- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

The CR-Z was the car pictured in the headline link to the article!

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I'm not surprised in the least.. the CRZ is a real drivers car - awesome to drive and lots of fun.
Agree. Problem is most the reviews want to compare it based solely on its specs or to a non hybrid sportscar or for gas mileage to a Prius etc. The only way to judge is really to drive a Pruis or other Honda Hybrid and then get into the CR-Z and feel the difference.

Glad to see some postive reviews. Hopefully more people will actually get in and drive it and see for themselves.

But we could end up being a small "elite" group of owners which has positive and some negative intonations. Time will tell. In the interim, we owners are pioneers using the latest tech to give us the best of both worlds - Sport/Hybrid/Fun.

Scott

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree. Problem is most the reviews want to compare it based solely on its specs or to a non hybrid sportscar or for gas mileage to a Prius etc. The only way to judge is really to drive a Pruis or other Honda Hybrid and then get into the CR-Z and feel the difference.

Glad to see some postive reviews. Hopefully more people will actually get in and drive it and see for themselves.

But we could end up being a small "elite" group of owners which has positive and some negative intonations. Time will tell. In the interim, we owners are pioneers using the latest tech to give us the best of both worlds - Sport/Hybrid/Fun.

Scott
Very well stated, Scott. On one review I read I ended up making a (for me) rare comment that I was glad the reviewer "got" the CR-Z. I kind of like to think of it as a hybrid hybrid! Not truly a mega-mpg not-real-pretty hybrid, and not truly a sports car. I like to see the glass half-full, however, as I think it does hybrid and sporty (with fun and good-lookin' thrown in) at a darned good price and some very nuice features! Makes me think about what car seems to be the closest in nature to the CR-Z. Without having test driven similar cars, I'm thinging perhaps the VW Golf 2-door TDI... I've heard they're peppy, and the fuel economy looks like fairly comparable. For poops and giggles I went to the V-dub web site and priced one out-- a few thousand bucks higher similarly decked out. I'm thinking us pioneers (I LIKE that!) are making out like bandits with our CR-Z's... a great car if a 2-seater works for you! :thumbup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I started reading reviews, I thought "yikes" cause it all seemed pretty negative... but after I started reading actual owners reviews, the tone totally changed. I figured the reviewers were like movie critics - they hate everything. Glad I didn't pay them much attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.