Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Looks like a targa top, screw the sunroof, and make this car a targa top.

Btw..where's the glass suppose to slide into? Back into the hatch?

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol targa top haha... good idea but that's like asking for a K20 in there...

i thought about that too where the hell it would slide to... that's why i said it might just pop up... which is still nice, i used to do that in my Si...

·
Registered
349 Posts
lol targa top haha... good idea but that's like asking for a K20 in there...

i thought about that too where the hell it would slide to... that's why i said it might just pop up... which is still nice, i used to do that in my Si...
I believe you might be right...cause the fin will be in the way if it slides back.

Still...from that pic..looks like a targa wouldn't be a stretch.
That would be hot if it was.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Targa means it have excessive body flex and leak. I think honda already went down this road with poor results:

That is my own personal CRX & my fiance's Del Sol. Her Del Sol had not been taken care of by the previous owner and the roof seals were never greased. It leaked when we got the car. It took me a lot of cleaning and greasing / siliconing the seals to get them to stop leaking.

I don't think the CRZ will ever come with a targa.

The glasstop is a throw back to the old JDM CRX's with the Glass-top. They are pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes, the current gen civic sunroof slides inside but the CR-Z doesn't have a large enough roof to allow this... not to mention the Navigation antenna being kinda in the way... that's why i'm curious to see if it opens at all ?????

the 02-06 RSX slid to the top... my '94 Civic EX slid to the top as well...

i prefer it to my '06 Si and have it slide inside but it looks like we don't even get it so what's the point of hoping for what they will do here in the states :'(

·
Registered
349 Posts
yes, the current gen civic sunroof slides inside but the CR-Z doesn't have a large enough roof to allow this... not to mention the Navigation antenna being kinda in the way... that's why i'm curious to see if it opens at all ?????

the 02-06 RSX slid to the top... my '94 Civic EX slid to the top as well...

i prefer it to my '06 Si and have it slide inside but it looks like we don't even get it so what's the point of hoping for what they will do here in the states :'(

I bet ya we will see it for the 2012 models. Honda have a tendency to do that to keep the car fresh.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i guess, like they added VSA to the '07+ Si's and a bigger rear brake shield... but those are relatively simple upgrades compared to a roof...
It's built in the same place, if Japan and EDM models have it..it's simple upgrade.
I believe we will see it on the next model year. Honda way to make each year fresh.
Make you trade last years for a new one.:cursing:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey,
I don't know where you guys are getting that the CR-Z has a glass top version. All I see is an option for a skyroof.

is glass see through??

then yes it IS a glass top... if you want the technical name, which i couldn't think of at the time, then yes it is "technically" a skyroof and you're right...

at least we know it's not a sunroof which would make the swap easier than a sunroof...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ok, seriously now ? I was just trying to tell you guys that I don't think the CR-Z will have a glasstop version and currently only has a skyroof option and you have to lash out at me like that ?

in Japan that is :'(

took this from the Honda Japan site... actually looks kinda like just a glass roof... but i still want it here!!!
When you said "glass roof", I thought you meant where the roof is almost entirelly made of glass. Sorry if I misunderstood your using of "glass roof". To me, a glass roof would be something like this (taken from a 2nd gen cr-x):

This however, I would not consider a "glass roof":

A lot of people were interested in the 2nd generation glasstop CRX where almost the whole roof was made of glass and I did not want you guys to be mistaken that the CR-Z will have a similar option, where almost the whole roof is made of glass. I wanted to point out that the CR-Z will only have an option of a small skyroof since all the pictures you posted were of one with a roof made almost entirelly of glass.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts