Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thats some good info. Anyone one know if those were at 35? I believe all front end crashes are, but not sure about the side impacts and what not. I also wonder how many of those you would actually be able to WALK away from, even in a shambling manner, or if its more "I can't believe I survived that."

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
the question i have is how different is the crash testing for Europe vs USA?? while it gets 5* there, it might get the same or less over here... we generally have larger vehicles on the road here and that might be a factor when determining the rating... idk... i guess we'll see it eventually...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats some good info. Anyone one know if those were at 35? I believe all front end crashes are, but not sure about the side impacts and what not. I also wonder how many of those you would actually be able to WALK away from, even in a shambling manner, or if its more "I can't believe I survived that."

Taken from the FAQ from euroncap.com. I have added the mph value for the US users. ;)

Why have you chosen such a high front impact test speed?
By carrying out frontal impact tests at 64km/h (about 40 mph) we are simulating a car impacting a similar sized car where both cars are travelling the same speed of 55 km/h (about 35mph). This speed has been shown by accident studies to address a high proportion of fatal and severe injury accidents.

Should this not be higher given driving speed limits are higher?

Accident research shows that carrying out frontal impacts at 64km/h (about 40 mph) speed covers a large proportion of the serious and fatal accidents which occur. Even if the maximum speed limit is 120 km/h (about 75 mph), few accidents occur at such speeds and where they do, it is beyond current capabilities to provide protection for the car's occupants.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Safety Ratings

I know a big concern for me when considering a vehicle is the safety ratings(my Civic saved my life earlier this year) and the wifey would not be happy with an unsafe car either. I was a little peeved when there had not been any government crash tests done on it yet.(and prob wont be done this year)

here is a PDF with the Euro results.

Cliff notes

Adult Occupant
93%

Child Occupant
80%

Note-note relevant in the US as we have no rear seats.

Pedestrian
71%

Safety Assist
86%

overall 5 stars

i searched and did not find anything about this.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.