Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
DANG IT! There goes the idea of smashing through the front of the local 7 11 and doing a smash and grab of the ATM machine:pP::hyper::iorun::spaz:! I'm not really worried about it...... I have been in only one noteworthy accident in 25 years of driving- at that was in a 76' Honda Civic; rolled it three times.

Besides, I drive a 73' Mini and 90' CRX because that's how I roll- in death traps.:hi5::pP::blink::spaz:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I posted this in a different thread...

It seems the new scale is a lot harder to get five stars however, so I would not consider this an unsafe car like I would if the rated it under the old scale... there's not many cars tested under the new guidelines, but there are some examples of cars which did well on the old test, but not on the new. 2010 Camery - 5 star on both front and side. 2011 Camery - only 3 star. Unfortunatly the NHTSA does not show why a particular 2011 car might have gotten a lower either. 2010 cars have lots of numbers to go with the test, but they don't show the numbers for 2011 cars....

·
Registered
314 Posts
I posted this in a different thread...

It seems the new scale is a lot harder to get five stars however, so I would not consider this an unsafe car like I would if the rated it under the old scale... there's not many cars tested under the new guidelines, but there are some examples of cars which did well on the old test, but not on the new. 2010 Camery - 5 star on both front and side. 2011 Camery - only 3 star. Unfortunatly the NHTSA does not show why a particular 2011 car might have gotten a lower either. 2010 cars have lots of numbers to go with the test, but they don't show the numbers for 2011 cars....
Oh, great, I can see it now-- future reviewers from car magazines or web sites totally ignoring that dynamic (new rating system tougher, and not all cars yet rated so that their higher rating under the old system still apply) and putting it down as something else they don't like about the CR-Z! :angry:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Further info. Just went to the web site that shows a list of vehicles rated under the 2011 standards so far, and our CR-Z really didn't do that well compared to the majority of models. :( DISCLAIMER: dunno for sure if this is the latest, most comprehensive list.

We were beat by such cars as the Mazda 3 (4 stars overall), Chevy Malibu (4), Subaru Legacy and Outback (both 4), Accord 4-door (5), BMW 5 series (5), and Ford friggin' Fiesta (4)! :angry: And YES< I realize those aren't all cars in the same class as our CR-Z.

The good news is we did BEAT the Nissan Versa (2 stars). :pP:

The list is a pain to go throug, as you need to drill down to each car by manufacturer. Would be nice to have a overall summary chart. The page for the CR-Z is here.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
We were beat by such cars as the Mazda 3 (4 stars overall), Chevy Malibu (4), Subaru Legacy and Outback (both 4), Accord 4-door (5), BMW 5 series (5), and Ford friggin' Fiesta (4)! :angry: And YES< I realize those aren't all cars in the same class as our CR-Z.

The good news is we did BEAT the Nissan Versa (2 stars). :pP:
Definitely sounds like some bias there... beat by the Fiesta? Or a Malibu? BS!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.