Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems there are quite a few older or better said "mature" folks who are CR-Z owners. Here is a thread to check in and say hi to fellow over 50 owners and discuss likes/dislikes/issues etc., ex. The arm rest gets in the way of my Colostomy bag. :iough:

Joking about the colostomy. I had one in my 20's for a year due to an incident in he military. Didn't get too many dates during that time. :blush: But ended up with a fox later.

I personally as an empty nester and although not a tree hugger, want to be as green as feasible plus have a little fun. CR-Z fits the bill. Meets and exceeds my expectations. Wifey likes it and that accounts for 90% of the fun. Bought it when son was home on leave from the Airforce (Korea). Helped me pick it out and make the decision. Was a good time.

Scott

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not geriatric (just because I'm 55)!

I'm not mature (ask my wife).

I'm not an empy nester (I am the kid).

But my Milano Red 6MT EX is awsome and the gen y'ers with the turbo civics will be jealous.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 67, owned many higher line sports cars, but could not feel comfortable in my RIDGELINE.
Just took delivery of my CRZ and am really impressed. Still figuring out the "auto=stop".
Yea, wifey and I could not get used to the larger SUV and Trucks either. Tried one a while back. Thought it would be better to be able to see over everyone which it kind of was, but also never was really comfortable. We (wifey and I) are kinda short. Fit very nicely in the CR-Z.

Auto-stop gets a little time to get used to. But one of the more green features. No need to blow smoke with at a stop light and definitely a big factor in the gas mileage. It is kind of iffy in sport mode depending on AC/Heater going etc.

Scott

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not geriatric (just because I'm 55)!

I'm not mature (ask my wife).

I'm not an empy nester (I am the kid).

But my Milano Red 6MT EX is awsome and the gen y'ers with the turbo civics will be jealous.
Yep, Yep, Yep and Yep Gen y'ers watch out. Shhhh. Don't tell my wife I'm not mature.

·
Registered
123 Posts
74 here and just love the crz. Have the honda S2000 also.Still a kid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got my CR-Z because of a older couple -- went to the dealership and apparently a couple in their 70's had won a CR-Z in a contest and traded it in 3 weeks later because they couldn't get in and out of it. So, they had to sell a 2011 EX loaded without navi as a used car with 900 miles. So I got a killer price on it and it has all the extras :) Lighted door trim, all weather & carpeted mats, cargo tray...

It was only on the lot for 2 days after they traded it in... and apparently 4 people came in today looking for it - but its all mine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got my CR-Z because of a older couple -- went to the dealership and apparently a couple in their 70's had won a CR-Z in a contest and traded it in 3 weeks later because they couldn't get in and out of it. So, they had to sell a 2011 EX loaded without navi as a used car with 900 miles. So I got a killer price on it and it has all the extras :) Lighted door trim, all weather & carpeted mats, cargo tray...

It was only on the lot for 2 days after they traded it in... and apparently 4 people came in today looking for it - but its all mine. :thumbsup:
Wow... very lucky :thumbsup:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Ditto. Congrats.
:hi5:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At 50 I guess I just sqeeked in.
I also own a Nissan crew cab truck, although I'm not a mouth breather.
Along the way I've had everything from a Porsche 914, Fiat X/19, 2 Honda Crx's, and most recently a 96 Honda Del Sol.
At this point in my life I want something fun AND RELIABLE so that brings us to the CRZ.
Great. I have also found it a excellent choice. No buyers remorse. Wifey be bugging me to go out driving almost every weekend rain or shine. Mostly rain now. But it is all good.

Scott

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
74 here and just love the crz. Have the honda S2000 also.Still a kid.
Outstanding, 74 and still a kid and a CR-Z owner. Think maybe the Geriatrics club has found its mentor.

Is there a Mrs. Twohondas or are you on the hunt? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello. I'm checking in, too. I'm 61 and love the car. I had 'average' cars for many years, and decided that it was time to enjoy driving again (and not feel guilty about using too much gasoline).

Now that the kids are grown, two seats are perfect for my wife and myself.

sparrow

·
Registered
123 Posts
Outstanding, 74 and still a kid and a CR-Z owner. Think maybe the Geriatrics club has found its mentor.

Is there a Mrs. Twohondas or are you on the hunt? :rolleyes:
Did I mention I have a Plymouth Prowler also. Fun begins at 70.:lock::lock::lock:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello. I'm checking in, too. I'm 61 and love the car. I had 'average' cars for many years, and decided that it was time to enjoy driving again (and not feel guilty about using too much gasoline).

Now that the kids are grown, two seats are perfect for my wife and myself.

sparrow
Exactly.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
A young 59 here... Selling my '08 Mini Cooper, loaded, and picked up the CR-Z two weeks ago... love it!! We also have a KIA Soul Shadow Dragon that the wife drives... I love fast cars and beautiful women... or is that fast women and beautiful cars... sorry at my advanced years I get confused sometimes!! lol

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.