Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a dealer today at Bethesda (Ourisman Honda). The dealer gave me a quote of $22,560 on the phone. But when I got there, he said the car has additional equipments and he offered me a price of $23,900. It did not feel right, so I just walked away.

I like the car very much, especially the silver color one. Can anyone in DC, Virgina, and Maryland area tell me how much you paid for your car and which dealer you got your car from? This is my first experience with car dealers, and I really appreciate your information.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok i'm in arkansas. Kinda far from you, but mine is a storm silver ex with cvt trans and nav. Looks just like the ones on the commercials. They added the light up crz rocker trims. My price was 23,800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
dont be suckered into paying anything over msrp. With that said, msrp is actually 23,210 for what you want. I checked around for the first few weeks and it was either markup or they didn't have what they wanted. I actually ended up driving to virginia beach to get mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in central VA with the exact same car - I paid $23960 + added on an extended warranty. Every dealer within driving distance had that model at that price & no one would go down on it... They probably bumped the price up with the delivery fees, which I hate...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sticker for my silver EX CVT w) navi at the dealership in Bel Air, MD (about a half-hour NE of Baltimore) was $23,210 before destination and handling fee of $750.

Dealer invoice listed sticker price as $23,210 plus $750 delivery, and added wheel locks at $139. They then bumped up their "discount" to offset the cost of the wheel locks and thus match the internet price that was quoted. Total ended up being $23,960 (base plus delivery) minus $1,889 discount = $22,071. They did sneak a $100 "dealer processing charge" in amongst the tax and title section, so I'd really say my true price was $22,171... I saw $100 as something that is not a deal-breaker, and also fair given they had the car transferred from a dealer fairly far away.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Everything MSRP from Shockley Honda in Frederick, MD. There weren't any added options because they ordered it for me from Japan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Many dealers (almost all in New Jersey at least) add accessories as dealer installed "options" (that are not particularly optional I'll grant you). In the case of the CR-Z, Honda has really been pushing accessories, and dealers have been jacking them up with half the stuff in the Honda accessory guide.

Your dealer's salesperson certainly should have disclosed that "dealer installed options" would be extra. If you wanted to do a deal on an inbound unit that didn't yet have all the stuff on it, you could always leave a deposit to reserve one for yourself though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My dealer has me at $22,160 for the EX CVT plus $250 for the armrest installed. There is a CVR $59 and $699 dealer fee. But the train it is riding across the country must be being dragged by a mule. :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am in NOVA.

I paid sticker for mine with all of the accessories bundled in. They tried to tell me that everyone was upping the price.

People are not moving on it much around here. To many commuters and hybrids are pretty popular. However, you should be able to get a bit under MSRP if they are not trying to tack on all the goodies. Since they tossed in about 1500 in options for me (woulda cost me 700 or so after market) I paid sticker.

But they are around, so just go to some other honda dealers. Almost all of them had at least one. They are everywhere around here. I had a hard time becuase I wanted a manual, so I settled for black instead of blue.

My main piece of advice is to go to one of the outlaying Honda places. The edges of the area are more american car oriented so you get a better deal with foreign cars. The area closer to DC is more gadget oriented and you get a better deal with american cars. I would not buy this one right up next to DC like Bethesda. Trip up 270 to Frederick and you will probably get a better deal. Also, chest Waldorf and southern Maryland. Don't be afraid to dip into the edges of Northern VA like Winchester. Leesburg isn't a good idea becuase its a big commuter town full of DC workers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.