Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i saw that video and didn't see any numbers so i didn't bother to do anything with the video... but glad you got an answer...

i wonder if they dyno'd it in 4th gear and how much juice was in the batteries... how much of that 108.5hp came from the IMA... if that was stock it sounded pretty good... other than the revs taking forever haha... that thing definitely needs some VTEC in its life...

·
Registered
349 Posts
i saw that video and didn't see any numbers so i didn't bother to do anything with the video... but glad you got an answer...

i wonder if they dyno'd it in 4th gear and how much juice was in the batteries... how much of that 108.5hp came from the IMA... if that was stock it sounded pretty good... other than the revs taking forever haha... that thing definitely needs some VTEC in its life...
I does have the iVTEC which to me is a better motor then the older VTEC.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CR-Z[ZF1] Ventul Big Throttle Body

Spoon makes a big throttle body for ZF-1.
"これにより約10pHのパワーと鋭いピックUPが得られます。
This will give you about 10 more hp.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
so the standard throttle body is 54mm and they bumped it up to 60mm... the stock Si has a 60mm... TSX 64mm... but i wonder if a TL throttle body (70mm) would be too much for that engine...

i have a better understanding on the exhaust side of the engine... but can anyone tell me the benefits or not of choosing a much bigger TB on an engine like this one?? i also wonder if it would just be better/cheaper to go with an Si throttle body on this assuming the bolt pattern is the same??

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In 2006 the SAE J1349 testing standard changed. 04-05 TSX was rated at 200HP, under new standard it's more like 190HP. The 06-08 TSX was rated at 205HP under new standard so there was a 15HP increase. Honda did a lot of things to make those extra 15 horses. Put in a bigger throttle body is one of their moves. They bumped it from 60mm to 64mm.

I'm not 100% sure if the Spoon TB is designed to work with stock ECU. If it does, I guess it's okay to go with Si TB. If that TL TB does fit, I guess a tuning is needed and the gain will most likely in high rpm range.
Of cause, those are based on my understanding about the TSX engine. The L-series could be a different story. At least (in stock form), it's not a high rev engine like the K-series.

BTW, the L15A is used in Formula F. I wonder how much of technology from there can be used on road car.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
well i've read where people have used the TL throttle body on the Si... of course they were modded and ECU flashed etc... but to my knowledge it bolts up as stock... if not i can have my friend mock up an adapter to make it work ;)

but i was just curious, i would probably go with the Si or TSX TB...

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's to the wheels right? Thats amazing- hardly anything is lost. My prelude was 200bhp rated stock.But dyno's show a nearly 50hp loss when dyno'd. Eeeek.

Possible solution = lighter flywheel. Not sure ,but when I got a lighter flywheel in my the car rev'd more smoothly and quicker.

Guys, remember. Many people want this to be the next crx. And in spirit it is. Which means, you can bet this car will be disected and people will find every ability to get power out of it. In japan, they are. Ecu mods, bolt ons, etc. Even turbo/sc kits. This car just came out in the states and the cry for modifications is loud. Honda knows this. They knew that once they made this car sporty and fun, they will have to consider the aftermarket side of it. We may even seen more factory parts form honda for things like lowering and such. Just wait and see. With this car, im only putting on factory parts, or maybe mugen..if I can afford it. No more jollopy ebay parts. I learned more of what NOT to do to a car with my prelude, then what to do. That's how I learned.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
If you were only getting 150 hp to the wheels on a 200hp rated fwd car, they were either lying about the power or that engine was messed up. Typical fwd loss is 10-15% because of drive-train parasitic loss.
this is true except that older cars seemed to have less efficient transmissions bolted to them and they almost always resulted in way more loss than the suggested 10-15%...

either that or cars today are just way more efficient than before... i remember dynoing my Si and if i add the 10-15% to the amount i put down to the wheels i would've had around 225hp at the crank on a crank rated 197hp engine...

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you were only getting 150 hp to the wheels on a 200hp rated fwd car, they were either lying about the power or that engine was messed up. Typical fwd loss is 10-15% because of drive-train parasitic loss.
Not on a prelude. *lol* Trust me on this. They've been dyno'd time after time. It always lost a good 45 hp on average through the drive train. 150whp and 130wtq. It's just poor at putting power to the wheels. Things like lighter flywheel and such help. But it takes alot to take good numbers from an h22. Weight reduction helps. Thats why h22's in lighter cars are nasty fast.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my friend is picking up a Black EX 6MT tomorrow and he said he was going straight to the dyno... he owns a shop with a dyno so he can do this haha... since i can't be there, i told him to make sure he records every run and if he doesn't post them then he'll send them to me to post...
Could you suggestion him to dyno it with different octane rating gas? From 87 to 100+. Also with AC on and off.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
ok, delay on the dyno :sadwavey:

the dealer told him they had one then they told him they have to dealer trade to get that one... so he has to wait until they find one now :pat:

running higher gas like +100 would be hard to find Unleaded... he's gonna get some base runs in b/c he wants to develop parts for the car and possibly become a vendor on here to sell them... he's also gonna be autox the CR-Z so we'll see what this little car can do on a track :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
ok, delay on the dyno :sadwavey:

the dealer told him they had one then they told him they have to dealer trade to get that one... so he has to wait until they find one now :pat:

running higher gas like +100 would be hard to find Unleaded... he's gonna get some base runs in b/c he wants to develop parts for the car and possibly become a vendor on here to sell them... he's also gonna be autox the CR-Z so we'll see what this little car can do on a track :D
Yea, my car was a stealer trade as well down from south eastern and took it to space coast honda. They were suprised they gave up their black 6spd for an auto. Ohwell.

Now we will see if premium makes a difference ladies. I'm waiting for this.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.