Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

IMA Enthusiast
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a G1 Honda Insight car on the bench for my IMA research for well over ten years and it has proved invaluable for R&D
Made up of all the vital computer modules and a wiring harness from a crashed car lashed together in a rats nest.

When I first got a Nimh CR-Z a couple of years ago now at the start of Covid I did knock up a crude version of the car on the bench for that as well.
Now I'm down to just my working Lithium car as my daily driver I needed to revamp my car on the bench to cover both Nimh and Lithium variants.

So now I have a dual car bench setup with the ECM/MCM from a Nimh and a Lithium car wired to a switchable Nimh gauge cluster.
This allows the HDS to talk to either of the fake cars and greatly helps with developing tools (OBDIIC&C, IMA MANUAL CONTROL etc) and fault finding stuff on various modules and IMA issues.

I should even be able to talk to faulty VSA module with the HDS when it arrives.
I also planning to have a look at the pesky failed Lithium BMS boards in a bit more detail as well so stay tuned.

Registered
Hi Peter,
I am about to do a grid charge on my ni-mh zeds battery and was looking for the gadget gizmo that you sell to fool the battery temp and reset battery capacity but am unable to find a link for this, can you please point me in the right direction.
Regards.

IMA Enthusiast
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am about to do a grid charge on my ni-mh zeds battery and was looking for the gadget gizmo that you sell to fool the battery temp and reset battery capacity but am unable to find a link for this, can you please point me in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts