Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I'm so bored of sitting in the house, I go sit in my Teal baby and listen to music. I would go somewhere but I wanna live to enjoy going somewhere. Oh well at least I got the Premium Sound System with the Sub and seriously tinted windows so noone can see me sitting in my car.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've almost done it. But I'd rather just go for a lite cruise. The reservoir and mountain hills are calling me. Might have to look into some summer tires before the government stops paying me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my little car, it drives so nice now that I changed the tires. The steering is so light I can drive with my pinky. It gets great mileage, people are always looking at it because it is such a good looking car. Yesterday I drove by to check the other house and a guy driving the other way was leaning out his window looking at my car. Don't get me wrong my car isn't perfect but it is rare enough that people don't see them regularly and it gets heads turning. Enjoy your drive I love driving mine.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
Better to drive it than to rev it. I took mine out for a 20 minute drive and it got to 7 bars. Driving it is much more gentle on it.

Or just sit in your driveway and rev it past 3K RPMS.. hahaha. Neighbors might hate you though.. but it WILL charge it! ;)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Better to drive it than to rev it. I took mine out for a 20 minute drive and it got to 7 bars. Driving it is much more gentle on it.
Yeah.. i just meant if you CANT drive it. It will work, and I don't think its any less gentle, or more gentle. It does the same function. But yeah, driving it is more fun! ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
I maybe wrong but just reving it with no air flow things get hotter than if it is being driven. I should test my theory by driving it and monitoring the coolant temp versus reving it and monitoring the coolant temperature. using my Scan Gauge II
Yeah.. i just meant if you CANT drive it. It will work, and I don't think its any less gentle, or more gentle. It does the same function. But yeah, driving it is more fun! ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Driving it is way more fun. I will say something else. Its kinda weird that after I got a nice pretty shiny car a bunch of neighbors bought nice pretty shiny cars too, there are still a few holdouts, but mostly on our street its pretty shiny cars everywhere. The new cars are very quiet a few just make whoosh noises no engine sound so sitting in the living room is nice and quiet. Oh, did your gas prices go below $2.00? Ours never went below $2.11. The news was talking about sub dollar gas prices. We never saw it.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
My gas went below $2 to $1.5X but that was before memorial day and I haven't bought gas in over a month. I am in Northern VA and always buy my gas at BJs.

Driving it is way more fun. I will say something else. Its kinda weird that after I got a nice pretty shiny car a bunch of neighbors bought nice pretty shiny cars too, there are still a few holdouts, but mostly on our street its pretty shiny cars everywhere. The new cars are very quiet a few just make whoosh noises no engine sound so sitting in the living room is nice and quiet. Oh, did your gas prices go below $2.00? Ours never went below $2.11. The news was talking about sub dollar gas prices. We never saw it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got a bjs here too. I can almost throw a rock and hit it before I got this car my sentra had one tire that had to be aired up every 3 months. These tires are set them and they are still same pressure months later. So far no complaints, except nothings open yet. From 4th grade to Sophomore year I lived in Alexandria off route 1. I got into nothing but trouble, I'd tell you but you wouldn't believe me.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
I used to live in Alexandria in Orleans village prior to my current apartment.Prior to that I was on route 1 also. This is my 5th time living in this area. Once the world opens up I bet we have a lot of NOVA members.

We got a bjs here too. I can almost throw a rock and hit it before I got this car my sentra had one tire that had to be aired up every 3 months. These tires are set them and they are still same pressure months later. So far no complaints, except nothings open yet. From 4th grade to Sophomore year I lived in Alexandria off route 1. I got into nothing but trouble, I'd tell you but you wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My dad was a chief master sergeant of the air force, he worked at the Pentagon and at the Forrestal building. You would think we had money but lived in a trailerpark. We didn't know how poor we were because everyone in the park was poor. I spent all that time growing up severely bored, bored kids get into trouble. We lived in the now defunct trailer park behind William Cullen Bryant middle school. One half of the park still lives but our side is basically woods now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, slow leaks suck. How'd you pump it up? You got an air pump? I used to keep a 12 volt tire pump in the Sentra. That thing got super hot!

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
Slow leak is the worst situation to be in and why I check the tires every two weeks cold and I usually use my Harbor Freight AC 3 gallon compressor. My CR-Z came with no spare so it has a 12 Volt compressor with built in flat sealant in it and I have a 12 Volt HF compressor I inherited.

I know you already checked this but have your tightened or replaced the valve core in that rim? I have a valve core wrench that is also a valve cap I used to keep that on my spare in my last car.

I hadn't driven my crz in over a month, front tyre has a slow leak so I had to pump it up to take it for a drive today.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts