Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2011 Honda CR-Z Of The Year

!!..Hotboxn..!!

Congratulations to CRZForum.com member Hotboxn on winning the 2012 CR-Z of The Year (COTY) contest with 35% of the votes!​

Want to be a COTY contestant? Make sure you enter the CR-Z of the Month Contest.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ Got alot of congrats and the picture on the cover of the roll'n stone... :cool:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sickest CR-Z on the Planet!

:hail: Congratulations, Hotboxn !!!

I'm almost ashamed to say this, but until now I've never read your entire build thread. So with that said, it came as a surprise to me this morning just HOW MUCH Truly "CUSTOM" modding you've done to your CR-Z. Wow.

The Carbon Fiber Door Panel inserts,
The Black Alcantara Headliner,
The custom Door Speaker Pods,
ETC., ETC., ETC...

Man, just when I think I'm getting on a roll with creative Mods, I see this. You truly are THE MAN.

Your car is absolutely stunning from bumper to bumper; roof panel to floor pan. Your car is unique because you have bought SOME of your parts off the shelf, but most of your stuff is truly one-off custom which takes a lot of vision and bawls.

They say imitation is the greates form of flattery...I'm not one to copy all of someone else's ideas, but I must say: YOU INSPIRE US ALL! :hail:

I announced last week that the 2011 COTY winner would have their choice of a drop-in removeable-style driver's door armrest or a pair of my new permanently mounted (smaller) armrest pads for both doors. After seeing your custom Carbon Fiber door panels, I don't know if you would want to drill 2 holes in them to mount the pads to.

I just recieved my premium Black Micro-Suede (Alcantara) Cloth. It is the bomb, and it would go great with your suede headliner, seat inserts, shift knob, etc. If you wanted the drop-in (removeable) style, it would compliment the interior on those long road trips; while being easily stash-able for car shows.

From Left to Right: Black Alcantara, Grey Alcantara, and Black Leather-ette Vinyl

Personally, seeing the smaller pads affixed to CF door panels in just ONE car magazine photo would make me one proud Papa!:grin:

You decide which one you'd prefer and let me know. You deserve it! Congrats again, bro! :cool:

--Rob (SS2CRZ)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thanks Rob! The carbon door panel project didn't like to adhere to the thin factory plastic and I don't have enough experience with molds to pop one out of it. It turned out looking good, but in the end I scrapped the idea unfortunately. I'm planning to get rid of my cf diffuser, so I didn't feel like having random cf door inserts would work well. I ended up wrapping them in suede just like the seats/pillars/headliner. I appreciate you offering the arm rest. I'll pm you my info.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I see you have the GTHaus Meisterschaft Exhaust on there. How do you like it? Is it loud? Have you had any issues with the car good or bad since putting it on there? How about warranty does it void all of it or parts? how does that work? I just ordered the same system for my Z im waiting for it to get here to me so I can install it. Any thoughts/advise is greatly appreciated. Also congrats man the car looks badass

1 - 20 of 20 Posts