Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Who should be the January COTM winner? You decide!

• 1) dntower85

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 2) MTBer

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • 3) mdbrich

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 4) MeLvYnRaY

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 5) sleighman

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 6) UK007

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7) Dgalbanjks9691

• 8) Scotty001

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • 9) palmtrees88

• 10) VistecR

Votes: 1 3.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the nominees (random order) for the month of January. Please vote for your favorite CR-Z. Happy voting and good luck to the nominees :cheer:

This thread and voting in it, will be closed and a winner declared on or around February 1-3, 2011

1) dntower85

2) MTBer

3) mdbrich

4) MeLvYnRaY

5) sleighman

6) UK007

7) Dgalbanjks9691

8) Scotty001

9) palmtrees88

10) VistecR

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
yes, that's why i just revised the rules to a limit of 6!
I dunno, with all the entries, the voting seems to be closer so far. Makes it a little more interesting and shows more involvement - at least by those who entered.

I wonder if a global PM sent out to everyone stating something simple like " Don't forget to vote for the COTM" once a month with a link, would get better participation on the voting side? I don't think most would mind a once a month spam? Especially now that you have upped it to 75 pm's.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
good idea Scotty... however i do not know how to go about doing that :p
Just did a quick review of the vBulletin® Version 3.8.3 manual and doesn't appear there is a way for admin/moderators to send a mass PM - There is a way to do it via email, but depending on your established policies, may not be an option. As long as I was not getting spammed all the time, personally, I would not mind a once month reminder.

Everyone can opt out on their personal preferences - Edit Options - Messaging and notification.

QUOTE:
Receive Email
From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.
If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
UNQUOTE:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
eh, i don't even check the email i have registered with this account haha...
Yea, your right; a lot of individuals probably (and sometimes smartly) provide a web based email account that they don't really use except for subscribing etc.

Good point.
Oh well, never mind. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha... well the one i used is just an old one that i guess i use for things like that hahahaha... i check it when i'm bored or remember to check it and it's just to clear out the junk in there...

also since i'm a mod, i get emailed each time someone reports a post or something happens on this site... if that were to go to my regular email, it'd get lost haha...

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
guys, please don't start to control the voting etc... this is not an election to win... and frankly is a bit annoying to see when ppl say "vote for me!" makes me want to vote for the other guy really... they had a specific rule on another forum i was on b/c ppl were voting based on popularity of the member rather than the look/photos of the cars... if i have to i'll make a rule and just disqualify anyone pushing their own votes like that...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.