Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
381 - 390 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think my firmware version is just V1 as that's what it flashes on the screen while booting up. I have the joystick but it doesn't respond so either I broke it while snaking it through the dash or I need to update the FW. I have ordered the update cable just waiting on the mail.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
@PeterPerkins I can hook you up with a dual can design based on esp32 with dual core goodness, and a freertos framework for proper speed and async/multitask stuff.
There's a devkit combo possible to get you started for <100£, but i do have a custom hardware design almost done. With no other purpose at the moment.
I just need future help when I get to the point of actually doing something myself. I'll get you started in setting up the development environment and getting it running, your c&c code can run in a task, leaving a lot of space for wifi server, Bluetooth, display, whatever.
@VlV Send me some more details by PM please.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 · (Edited)
I think my firmware version is just V1 as that's what it flashes on the screen while booting up. I have the joystick but it doesn't respond so either I broke it while snaking it through the dash or I need to update the FW. I have ordered the update cable just waiting on the mail.
Remember the joystick on a cable with the OBDIIC&C does not do anything yet.
It's future proofing for when I get round to sorting out the manual IMA control gizmo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How is the project going? Any closer to your 30kw goal? I have been reading with interest as I want to mod the ima system first before doing engine mods.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·
Project is in sleep mode at minute for winter.
I might tinker further as i get more inspiration/ideas.

Working on Insight G1 Lithium stuff at the moment for UK owners.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Project is in sleep mode at minute for winter.
I might tinker further as i get more inspiration/ideas.

Working on Insight G1 Lithium stuff at the moment for UK owners.
Have you been driving your CR-Z in 25kw IMA form regularly? I'm sure it's tons of fun with all that torque. Do you plug-in at home regularly to charge the LTOs up or just rely on the car's own system?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
I don't plug it in currently as the car keeps the pack charged. That could be added fairly in future.
I have to finish my MITM IMA control gadget code to really get the full benefit from the extra capacity and power i.e. use way more IMA and increase mpg.

I use it about once a week at the moment but as mentioned I am currently testing Insight G1 stuff.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·
I took the first step towards my 30kw upgrade and bought a CR-Z lithium pack. On the lookout for a couple more LTO modules also.
You also really need a spare NIMH pack so you can leave your original setup intact while you build up the Frankenstein one on the bench.
You also have a fallback then when it doesn't work!

·
Registered
182 Posts
You also really need a spare NIMH pack so you can leave your original setup intact while you build up the Frankenstein one on the bench.
You also have a fallback then when it doesn't work!
I figured that out also and have started looking for a spare Nimh pack too!

I'm second guessing using the Honda LTO cells though. I was reading through this thread and you mentioned that they didn't have much capacity left in them after all these years. I'm thinking of just getting new batteries. Did you ever find any batteries you liked more than the Honda LTO cells?

381 - 390 of 390 Posts