Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I will be looking to purchase a new car in a couple months. I originally dismissed the CR Z because of a horrible review I read. However, after noticing one in real life I was intrigued and checked them out. I think this might be the right car but I wanted to ask some owners a couple questions. First, I'm looking for a nimble car that can take corners quickly. I'm not overly concerned with big horsepower, but want to be able to drive quickly on curvy roads that are prevalent where I'm from. I used to have a Honda Del Sol (1994) many years ago and loved that car. That + a bit more is the experience I'm looking for. Next, how is the ride and cabin noise on the interstate on long trips? I get conflicting views from the reviews. Lastly, what do you think of the factory stereo (upgraded 300w one)? Any big distractors I should know about for when I go drive one?

Thanks a LOT!

·
Registered
162 Posts
The magnet behind the speaker is way too small, it is fine to listen Pop, but when it comes to band sound, all the basses and drums are missed (sounds like cheap radio). So, some mid to low range is missed.

But i still recommend to go for 7 speakers setup if you don't want to rebuild everything. Simply replace those in the door panel with a decent one is fine.

wonder how small the magnet is? here you go

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
First.....Don't buy a Base model. Get the EX.

The sound system, bluetooth, HID's, leather wheel, etc.....its WORTH the extra $$$
You WILL regret the Base model.

Second.....with stock suspension, it handles somewhat ok but can easily be improved on
and should be if you want to mash on the twisty roads.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
what speakers would you go with? :beer:
Go for EX model (worth it anyway) and replace the door panel speakers with a pair of $100 speaker is fine. (i personally like alpine type S, budget speakers, and it can be drive by stock amp easily)

anything more than $150 is a waste of money since the stock amp can't handle it which makes it worse.

for the tweeter, the stock one is OKAY, i might not bother it since aftermarket one might not fit in it and wiring is a mess.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Next, how is the ride and cabin noise on the interstate on long trips?
Well, my personal (albeit limited) experience on freeways is that the car is relatively quiet but not lexus quiet. In other words, you're not going to get a headache from the road noise. The seats are remarkably comfortable for a relatively low priced car although I wish it had a bit more side bolsters like the civic SI's seats.. My wife actually noticed it (she likes the CR-Z's seats better) on our last drive.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I find the seats to be extremely comfortable. I had an Accord coupe w/leather heated seats before and when I was in the car for a while I always found myself fiddling with the Lumbar support all the time and getting uncomfortable after a while in the car. In the CR-Z I dont have any if these problems I think the longest I've been in the car nonstop is about 3.5 hours and was still comfortable at the end of the trip.

I would say road noise is a bit more than I had in the Accord but still not bad. I haven't had any trouble with wind noise which bothers me more than just regular road noise. I find the ride on the highway to be very nice unless you're on a bumpy road but even then its not too bad.

I have the EX and that's the one I'd suggest getting. The stock sound system is one of the best from the factory Ive heard...especially in a lower priced car. I'm sure you could improve it by replacing the speakers but I just dont find it necessary. I like the HID headlights and the shift knob...theres probably some other improvements I'm missing that the EX has over the base model too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The Base model has many options that are extras on many cars. I would have to say is is not bad.

But for a few dollars more you get nicer sound (and all the wiring that includes), leather wheel, and shift knob (cool I guess), HID lights, fogs, and a USB jack for your music.

For me the USB jack is my favorite part of the $1000 upgrade.
All around the EX is just a little nicer package for me it was worth
the difference. If you are going to customize your ride then probably
doesn't matter which one you start with. (The base model is lighter) K

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.