Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that many car news sites have broke that Honda has announced a two seat Honda CRZ for North America, how does everyone feel? Will this influence your decision on the car at all?

Reuters said:
Honda today debuted the much-anticipated CR-Z Concept 2009, the second concept version of the stylish, sporty hybrid coupe, at the 41st Tokyo Motor Show. While the vehicle displayed at the show is a global concept with a rear seat, the production version that will be introduced to North America in the second half of 2010 will be packaged as a sporty, 2-seat hybrid that provides a personal driving experience for North American customers.
Check out our News Articles for the latest Honda News from Tokyo Motor Show

·
Registered
37 Posts
I will still be getting one but I would have liked to have the option to get the 2+2 to keep the insurance rates down. It comes down to how close the production version is to this one and how it drives. If it is fun to drive and gets around 40 MPG then I am in. If it drives only slightly better then the Insight or the mileage is lower then 34 MPG then I may have to pass.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If there is no option but the 2 seater... that might kill it for me depending on insurance rates and my business manager (W), lol. :unsure:
However with this news and IF the car ends up doing less than 40MPG, yeah I will pass.

Why would Honda kill this? The seats we saw on the Tokyo pics would pretty much blended in after being folded, almost completely out the way. I am sure even the most die-hard 2 seater fan wouldn't have minded. :huh:

Well, still a long way to the unveiling...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be interesting to see what happens. I think Honda may be cutting down quite a bit of the market but only offering the 2 seater CRZ.

Out of curiousity how much, or if at all, would everyone be willing to pay for the 2+2 seating if it was an optional feature? If it was a $2000 added feature would you spring for it? What would be the maximum you would pay?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I could maybe see up to 1000 dollar option, 500 a seat is still very expensive but over the course of 5 years you would more then make it up in insurance rates. Unless this lets Honda bring the CRZ to the US market and start at under 20k just make one version.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This will make me really think about the CRZ again. The backseats would have been nice just for extra space. I could have always thrown my junk back there easily, now if I buy anything like a few groceries I will have to go threw the trunk if I have a passenger.

Maybe I'm just being lazy.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
This will make me really think about the CRZ again. The backseats would have been nice just for extra space. I could have always thrown my junk back there easily, now if I buy anything like a few groceries I will have to go threw the trunk if I have a passenger.

Maybe I'm just being lazy.....
Hey, just dump the groceries on your passenger's lap. Have them pay for the privilege or riding with you. :grin:

A $1k option? I would go for it, insurance savings alone would make up the difference probably.

Honestly, if Honda is taking out the 2+2 for real then they better give us a better price than the rest of the world. They are saving $$$ with the move after all. Don't take out features and come asking the same price.

Honda, if you are by any chance reading this, offer the 2+2 or 4 seater option, please.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I sure hope Honda is reading the board, we are the fan base that is buying their cars!!

I have a gut feeling that Honda won't be offering the 2+2 or 4 seater option. I really hope that its wrong but car companies always seem to do the wrong thing when such an obvious answer/option is in front of them.

Either way I will still be purchasing a CRZ when the time is right.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I would have liked to see Honda offer both the 2 seater and the 2+2 option but its obvious that this is less and less likely. I hope this won't have a big impact on the CRZ sales as I still think it will be a great car and would love to see it succeed

·
Registered
37 Posts
It only can have a impact on sales and not in a good way. If it is a 2+2 with fold down flat rear seats you get both people who are looking for a 2 seat car and those who need rears for insurance/kid moving needs. As a 2 seat only you will loose anyone who could maybe justify it but have to have some kind of rear seats. I dont think it is a very smart move on America Honda's part.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sales will be impacted - yes. I'm not sure it will have a massive effect though, this car will still sell very very well and take over a huge market gap. Sucks for consumers because even if we put pressure to get an option added, the sales will make Honda overlook our demands.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.