Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Props to the Honda design studio for the five color names. But, basically, they’re boring to the point of being horrible, certainly at these prices. IMO.

Generic, plain jane, lame, unimaginative, all of the above.

Who has a better idea? Paying $20-26 K for your ZED makes you eligible to have an opinion about this.

But we have rules. Your color name must be short (3-4 words max); not gross, not obscene or otherwise inappropriate for a Honda themed www site, thus Milano Red CAN NOT be Throat Slasher Red. Must be reasonably creative and explicitly descriptive, therefore North Shore Blue Pearl is NOT West Coast Blue Pearl (too boring).

Some examples -

Storm Silver Metallic is - Wet cement Gray

Crystal Black Pearl is really - Moonless night Black

Milano Red is really - Just picked Cherry

Premium White Pearl is - Artic Blizzard White

North Shore Blue Pearl is - Sapphire surface Blue

I’ll go first. I don’t have a Storm Silver Metallic Zed. Instead I have a “Cloudy Gray Sky ” one.

You guys/gals in Japan and Europe have access to Orange and Pewter Zeds so feel free to wonder into that realm of the rainbow, if you wish.

Look at what you’ve got parked in the driveway and tell us what you see. After all, you paid for it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOTE to dougal - Now that's what I'm talking about.

And isn't Obama half white? I'm just saying ...

·
Registered
314 Posts
hahah I'm from Cape Breton Island, I assume you went on the Cabot Trail?
Cape Breton! Way cool! :thumbsup: Yep, inspired by some of the sea views from the east side of the Cabot Trail, and by a song on the Album "Songs of the Sea" that features Canadian maritime artists. Wifey and I have become major Celtic music fans, largely as a result of going to a concert at the Antigonish Highland Games and discovering and falling in love with Cape Breton and its music! We even have our own internet radio station called McMusic on Live365.com, with lots of Cape Breton style Celtic music. All in all we've been to Cape Breton close to a half-dozen times, including a visit for the Celtic Colours music festival once way back when. What part you from (yeah, good English that!)? Still live up yonder? Now you're making me want to take a road trip!!! Just a short ride from here in Maryland... if only the weather was a bit nicer up there between Christmas and New Years! :canada:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cant contribute any names. But remember the days of Satin Silver Metallic, Nighthawk Black Pearl. Flamenco Black Pear, Super Sonic Blue Pear, Championship White? those are some of the best Honda color names.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.