• Silver

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • White

Votes: 9 29.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a CR-Z, but after going to the dealer today just to see what they had, I liked all three. They had a Red, White, and a Silver

The Red looks really good, there is just something about it that I really like! The White looks awesome, and it doesn't show scratches! The Silver just looks more... futuristic? Out of these three, and the blue (I don't really want a black car) - Which would you recommend? Pros: White Shows No Scratches - Red is really sporty looking - Silver is a really neat looking color compared to any other silver - Cons:?

What shows scratches the easiest, and what are other benefits of each? What did You choose?

Thanks!

Edit: Added Poll

Vote and explain why you chose this color!

· Registered
798 Posts
I love black, however I did away with it, the detailing got to me finally. I own a white CRZ, and a Silver fit. Both are good at hiding swirls ect. The silver is more plain to me. Silver is the #1 color car in USA. Never fancied Red, thought it was more feminine. But then again its your choice.

· Registered
2,424 Posts
USAA my insurance quoted me $30 more a month for the same coverages (I max out all my limits (1Mil Body, 500K Property, 1Mil Uninsured)) just for the car in red, but I got white.

White does get dirty quicker, but with a good strip n wax, ain't but a thang to just do a quick dust/wipe down when you get home every 2-3 days.

· Registered
46 Posts
Cons:

Red will cost you more in insurance (depending on the company you get insured with)

White gets dirty very easily.

Silver is amazing in the sun but a little "dull" when it's very cloudy.
I totally disagree with you.
White color is one of the most grateful colors when it comes to showing the dirt (next to gray/silver). Just for that reason I wanted to buy white, but I opted for the worst color (when it comes to showing dirt) which is black.
White was just too girly for me.

Forgot to mention : of all colors, white is showing the best that "shark" like opening up front. It started with Maserati, followed by Mitsubishi pocket rocket, new Audi 8 and finally with Charger SRT - to name few.
Because of the contrast of black opening, white cars show it the best (imo).

· Registered
658 Posts
white really does hide dirt really well. my old car was white and i loved it. it hid swirlmarks very well and it looks especially good when clean.

ironically enough, i opted for black with the cr-z and i dont regret it one bit. but out of the 3 colors you posted, i vote white

· Registered
270 Posts
We got silver bc we think it shows dirt the least (and we're not very good about washing our car)...plus my husband and I both liked the silver.

I used to have a white car, and I don't think it hid the dirt well at all...it ALWAYS looked dirty to me (same with black!).

FWIW, if they offered it in the USA, we'd have gotten the orange one or the darker blue :)

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We got silver bc we think it shows dirt the least (and we're not very good about washing our car)...plus my husband and I both liked the silver.

I used to have a white car, and I don't think it hid the dirt well at all...it ALWAYS looked dirty to me (same with black!).

FWIW, if they offered it in the USA, we'd have gotten the orange one or the darker blue :)
I have yet to actually talk to the dealer about buying one - but I've been a few times to check them out - and the Silver is really growing on me! It looks a lot better than I thought because it's not a boring silver....

It's a really hard choice.

· Registered
722 Posts
I love black car's. My last car was black but I lived at the beach and had no garage. I had to wash it everyday. There was even a drive through car spray to get the excess salt off the car before leaving. I still didn't care though. Black just looks great to me when clean. My new place has a garage and my commute to work is only a mile now. So decided I was going to stay with the colour I love.

· Registered
78 Posts
I wanted white, but there wasn't one in SoCal to my specs -- so I bought Silver. I'm glad I did. It does hide dirt pretty well, it's not as hot as black (important here) and when it's clean and shiny = nothing like it. And I just bought a bunch of Optimimum stuff to keep it that way.

· Registered
23 Posts
The CRZ is some what rare.How many have you seen on the road?I live in kansas city and since august 2010 I have only seen one a red one.All those colors like white,red,silver and even black are such common colors of cars you see on the road today.So why not pick a rare color,BLUE,BLUE,BLUE..

· Registered
121 Posts
Hey CRZERO. I live in KC at the Crossing apartments in Zona Rosa. I have the blue color. It looks really good and kind of unique. The thing with colors is it depends on who you ask. Like saying, "I'm thinking about nailing a chick. What color should her hair be?" It would depend on if who you asked was into asians, or liked blondes, or like me liked redheads. That said, this is my thoughts and years of owning cars.

White=will stay cooler in really hot climates. Hides dirt reasonably well. Recently became a very popular color. I blame the IPOD.

Red=looks good on Ferrari's and old 60's muscle cars. No modern cars look good in red. And despite what you hear, no insurance company charges you more for a red car. Well, at least not GEICO, State Farm, USAA, or progressive. I called them all and I have USAA for my cars and Progressive for my chopper.

Silver=easy to clean, hides dirt well, cool in hotter climates. i will lump gun metal gray in here too. they won't shine up well, but they will always look passable. There are a lot of silver cars on the road though.

Black=no. Never again. Black looks good when it is shined up, polished out and completely clean. NOTHING will look better than a shined up black car. The problem is, 5 minutes after you shine it, it get dirty again. It shows every spec of dirt, every scratch, every swirl every flaw, and in winter (if in a snowy climate) the salt really latches on to it.

Green=looks great on Jaguars with tan interiors.

Blue=depend on the car. On the CRZ it looks great IMHO. That is what I have. Rather unique, easy to clean, cool in the summer.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
^ never been a big color-o-file. Silver one on the lot last August had all the stuff I wanted and the color is a bit more low maintenance. Trade em in every 3-5 years anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.