Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
This may have been answered I just can't seem to find this in the thread. Which coilover is better for ride comfort the Eibach PS or Tein SS? Any input from owners would be great!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
This may have been answered I just can't seem to find this in the thread. Which coilover is better for ride comfort the Eibach PS or Tein SS? Any input from owners would be great!

Thanks guys!
Person I got my Eiback PS from said that the ride comfort will definitely be better than stock and won't regret it at all. I've yet to install them. Probably won't for another 2 months or so. I'm patiently waiting tho.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can't decide what coil overs I want... well I know which ones I want, the eibachs but I just don't want to spend that much money. I'm leaning towards the buddy club n's. I want to spend around $1k, 2inch drop, dampening adjustability, and the option to have them rebuilt in the u.s. . I may just have to spend the extra and go for the eibachs.

·
stop taking me seriously
8,136 Posts
I can't decide what coil overs I want... well I know which ones I want, the eibachs but I just don't want to spend that much money. I'm leaning towards the buddy club n's. I want to spend around $1k, 2inch drop, dampening adjustability, and the option to have them rebuilt in the u.s. . I may just have to spend the extra and go for the eibachs.
There's a guy sellIng his buddy clubs set in the classified section.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Megan!
Save ur money fo Ultraracing chassis kit

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the price of the megans but not sure of the quality... thanks for the heads up on the buddy clubs but id rather spend a little more and have new ones.

·
ShazzMINISTRATOR
2,906 Posts
Ehhhhhhh???

From monoflex to meganracing street?
Why???? It's more than half price than Tein.
How's the stiffness and feeling like?
The monoflex had an absurdly high spring rate that wasn't ideal for street use. I was considering buying them before he did but ended up with the HKS hipermax III and couldn't be happier.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2

·
Registered
183 Posts

Megan street coil over
My car drops about 1.8-2.0 inch
It rubs front fenders when downhill uneven road turn left or right.
I don't know how you guys not hit front fenders with more drop....
I used 6x16 195/55/16 stock rims....

S

·
0 Posts
what's the best place to get BC Racing coilovers? I tried several vendors but they dont reply to my private message and/or e-mails. I found a place but they had to special order and would take 3weeks to them to get, that's kinda late for me :unsure:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Still trying to find more pictures of Tanabe's S-0C's drop. Any thoughts on the company itself? They make reliable products?
If you want real honest facts, you should look elsewhere. Tanabe is the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality, of all the Japanese companies. The Taiwanese-made T1R product is likely of higher quality. Tanabe was notorious through the 2000s amongst those looking for true quality, as being relative junk. There were horror stories galore regarding most of their product line, it's amazing they're still around, but the doriftos rarely care about quality.

Other setups I would look in to: Eibach, Showa, Tein, Spoon, Mugen or Ground Controls with shocks. These are all high-quality companies that care about the product they sell.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does anyone have Stance coilovers on their car? The stance site doesn't give spring rates for our chassis. They should drop enough( a few friends have them )but I'm concerned they may be to soft or hard.

Also, for swift-capable coilovers, could you use Swift's drop spring with the coilover if it's close enough in spring rates?

141 - 160 of 169 Posts