Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I figure you could get by with Megans. I personally wouldnt risk it because ive heard so many bad reviews about them - but there is also a lot of glowing reviews also. In general other brands have equal amounts of good reviews and not nearly as many bad so i feel more comfortable buying other brands. IMO the best bang for the buck seems to be the Tein SS. Adjustable, reputable, rebuildable and the spring rates seem to be ok. hotboxn has them. Maybe you could ask his opinion to get a better idea of how they ride...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
so from what im reading if i understand it:

stock rates are 2.2kg front and 3.5kg rear

tien ss rates are 3.0kg front and 4.0kg rear

is this correct?

is that increase somewhat stiffer, alot stiffer, or mildly stiffer?

i wish skunk2 would make some already....
i had the pro-s which had set spring rates and they were perfect for me...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
actually i may have to correct that. i think i remember hotboxn telling me that they were 4kg/m all around... I cant really tell you what those rates will feel like though. PM him i think would be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
hey,

i have a pic of the megan coilovers for our car.....maybe can be added to update the section on page 1....

it looks like it has a top cap so you just reuse the rubber mount like the cusco's

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ok so far this is final height. And FYI this is the lowest a Cusco Zero 1 will go.

Measurement is 24" front and back from ground to wheel well lip crest.
No rubbing in rear, light rubbing in front on full lock hard turn as the wheel sticks out and the wheel well liner hits as the body rolls.

-Hoi

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Man those 18"s make our brakes look tiny!!

And if you think that 4k is soft then talk to my front springs. Its a weird setup 4k front 5k rear. I just have dampening cranked and that seems to fix most of the issues.

Im at roughly 25" so hoi you have an inch lower. Funny thing though is that i can still go quite lower im pretty sure i could get down to 23" if i so pleased but dailying and my stupid driveway wouldnt like it.

Also ive swapped out for 205 45 17's no rubbing at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I have no idea what stock height is. I'm in between you two hoi and tintin: 24.5 front and my rears are at 23.75. Ill be raising the rear to match the front in the next few days.

My initial observations: 6kg/m linear springs are a bit on the stiffer side for a daily driver. The springs ride harder than stock and the whole setup seems to highlight the short wheelbase "problems" such as jittery ride etc. Don't know if that makes sense.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have no idea what stock height is. I'm in between you two hoi and tintin: 24.5 front and my rears are at 23.75. Ill be raising the rear to match the front in the next few days.

My initial observations: 6kg/m linear springs are a bit on the stiffer side for a daily driver. The springs ride harder than stock and the whole setup seems to highlight the short wheelbase "problems" such as jittery ride etc. Don't know if that makes sense.
I'm running the HKS HiperMax IIIs set at 24.5 front and 24.75 rear. These are 6kg/mm front and 5kg/mm rear. They feel nice and tight with minimal body roll. The rear was a bit rough at the stock shock settings but by turning the shocks down a bit, I can get a ride that is close to stock.

And that 24.75 in the back is about as high as they go (the front will go higher). You could drop these at least another inch all around but I don't want to for daily use.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
492 Posts
Great info here guys! My personal recommendation is to stay away from Megan Racing products, especially for something as important as your cars suspension. There are more than enough options out on the market currently that will allow you to get something reputable that will hold your car on the road. Prices go from $900 all the way to $3K, at all depends on the application and what you're goals are with the car.

Buddy Club, Tein, Cusco, HKS, etc pretty much cover the gamut of all the price ranges and adjustability options for your specific need. Feel free to contact me if you need a more in depth breakdown Sarge!

- Jason

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
See what pisses me off is when they show a generic picture of a random coilover.
I want to see an ACTUAL picture of all the parts I will be installing on my car. I would definetly consider these as an option if I knew what they looked like....
if you go to the second post I have actual pictures of the coilovers :) I have them in-stock as well, I can also do custom spring rates in the front

101 - 120 of 169 Posts