Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last week I installed a 04 civic clutch master cylinder. All I had to do was swap the rods. It performs a lot better but if you take it up to 6k and speed shift it doesn't bark second it takes a half second to slide into gear.

I used to own a 04 civic and I could chirp second no problem but not the CRZ.

So I'm thinking that maybe the slave cylinder is causing this.

·
Registered
464 Posts
~swap the rods~speed shift it doesn't bark second it takes a half second to slide into gear~could chirp second no problem but not the CRZ.

So I'm thinking that maybe the slave cylinder is causing this.
Do you have pictures of the rods? I think I know what you mean but I've never dissembled a clutch master cylinder (only replaced).

Bark second? Half second to slide into gear? Are you saying the Civic clutch master cylinder has helped, hindered, or narrowed down the problem to specifically the CDV?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry I don't have any pix. The Civic CMC had a shorter rod (it's what attaches to the pedal), easy swap to the longer rod from the CRZ.

With out a doubt it shifts better, more consistent clutch engagement and I don't find the rpm's hanging up like before. But if I am aggressive 6k rpm shift, instead of hitting the gear it slides into gear like an auto trans would.

I know that newer Civic owners and s2000 owners have complained about the slave cylinder, almost tempted to by another one for our car and see if I can modify it (bore it out a little)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just for an update. I bled the clutch system again and it seems a little better, good firm shifts but I still cant chirp second. Is it the IMA system? Do other 6m owners chirp second or is this a hybrid thing.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Just for an update. I bled the clutch system again and it seems a little better, good firm shifts but I still cant chirp second. Is it the IMA system? Do other 6m owners chirp second or is this a hybrid thing.
uhm..i know this may be obvious so sorry for asking but you are turning off vsa right? also i cant remember whether or not i cud do that in stock form. certainly with the hpd kit yes but it is not so easy to shift quickly from 1st to 2nd. i do need a stronger clutch tho

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, VSA off. Part of the problem for me is the Throttle body delay. Its impossible to time your shift. Last week I was testing out a BRZ, and I wasn't even trying to bark second, but did it twice in the first 2min of driving. I think cause I subconsciously shift more aggressive in the CRZ. I'm buying a pump to bleed the system maybe there is still air? Or of course I could install a supercharger:thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know this is a little late but I would very much be interested in one for my 14. just need to know how to pay, I'm ready when you are. Thanks!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Did you buy all of these up to make these ;) They are backordered, need to replace my master cylinder and can't find one anywhere.
hey, i actually have a used non-CDV clutch master i bought off another user here with the intent of deleting the CDV. i never had a chance to install it given i've gotten married, moved twice, and have a baby on the way now since i've picked this part up lol... in the mean time i've just gotten used to the CDV and have had to put other priorities ahead.

i'll sell it at the same price i bought it for if interested. just PM me. $50 used

·
Registered
105 Posts
hey, i actually have a used non-CDV clutch master i bought off another user here with the intent of deleting the CDV. i never had a chance to install it given i've gotten married, moved twice, and have a baby on the way now since i've picked this part up lol... in the mean time i've just gotten used to the CDV and have had to put other priorities ahead.

i'll sell it at the same price i bought it for if interested. just PM me. $50 used
PMed on this if it's still available.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am looking for a clutch master cylinder for the crz. Every website is out of stock. Pm if you have one to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts

its that time

161 - 179 of 179 Posts