Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
The cheapest price I could find is with DHL Express Worldwide, about 50$. That's fine with me, I want this mod pretty badly. So, let's stick with your used CMC for 70 + 24$; however, I don't know when I'll do the work. Is it a job for a noob like me, or you think it's better to drop the car to a shop and get it done?

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
The cheapest price I could find is with DHL Express Worldwide, about 50$. That's fine with me, I want this mod pretty badly. So, let's stick with your used CMC for 70 + 24$; however, I don't know when I'll do the work. Is it a job for a noob like me, or you think it's better to drop the car to a shop and get it done?
Ok, I'm working on a DIY right now, but I scanned some pages from the Helm service manual for you to look at in the meantime. That should give you an idea of what's involved.

CR-Z CMC replacement.pdf

I'll contact you via PM in a little bit with Paypal and shipping details.

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
Yes, still being modified. I actually made a batch just before I left for the Dragon this last weekend. I've been pretty occupied with preparing for that trip lately, so the CMCs were on the back burner for a little bit. I should have an extra CMC or two that haven't yet been spoken for by other members on the forum, but I'll have to check back through my PMs to make sure.

Also, members with a low post count will need to pay a core charge of $90 that will be refunded when I get your old CMC back.

Anyone else who is interested in a bypassed CMC please contact me as I will try to be making more of these.

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
Ok I guess that's fair enough please do check if one is unaccounted for and get back when you can
Ok, I'm just waiting for some silicone grease that I ordered to get here as I ran out of the little packets of the Honda grease that come with a new CMC. Once, I get them lubed up with that, they'll be ready to ship. I'll be also be out of town this week, so I it will probably be the next week I'll have chance to do all that. Thanks for your patience!

hope you still have one in a few months. dont want to buy one now and hold on to it for awhile until i get time to install it
I now have a total of 5-6 cores to work with, so I should have something for you by that time you're ready.

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
Ok, I'm still waiting to hear back from some of you that inquired earlier about a modded CMC, but if anyone wants to snatch up one of the last two available from this batch, they are all fair game...

Also, guys, bleed your clutch system regularly! The clutch fluid can get pretty dirty and all of the airborne dirt particles enter the system at the CMC. Particles in the fluid will accelerate wear on the cylinder. I've seen one from an RSX that had mud inside of it... Yes... Mud. I almost threw up. It was worn beyond repair as well. The CMCs I've been getting from you guys have all been in good condition, but that's because they all had low miles on them. I can imagine the same thing eventually happening if you never bleed your system...

So while you're at it, you might as well do the "CDV" delete, since you're bleeding the system anyways...

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
After installing this and getting some playtime with it I decided to put my review and thanks to item9 up on this thread.
The biggest issue I've had since I've had the crz has been up shifting at lower gears and how choppy it could feel unless you rode the clutch through it. I wasn't really sure where to tackle this issue from(shifter, clutch?) but I'm glad I started and get to stop here.

The cmc item9 modified completely gets rid of that choppy feel the car once had shifting at lower gears and makes everything much more fluid when you drive. I also noticed it had the added benefit of making rev matching not as essential at higher gears as it once was. Of course it's still going to be your go to for perfect shifts, but its nice to know the car won't jerk on me if I chose not to do it.

I'm so happy with this mod that I came out from under my bridge to recomend it. It's really something that has a benefit to anyone with the 6-speed. The granny's will love it because the drive feels smoother and the racers will love it cause you can drive the car harder. Thank you again Jesse, I'll be sending you my old clutch master tomorrow so you can keep this brotherhood of traveling cmc's going lol.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are there still CMC's going?

I'd love to get one but all my money will tied up in moving house until the new year :(

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
After installing this and getting some playtime with it I decided to put my review and thanks to item9 up on this thread.
The biggest issue I've had since I've had the crz has been up shifting at lower gears and how choppy it could feel unless you rode the clutch through it. I wasn't really sure where to tackle this issue from(shifter, clutch?) but I'm glad I started and get to stop here.

The cmc item9 modified completely gets rid of that choppy feel the car once had shifting at lower gears and makes everything much more fluid when you drive. I also noticed it had the added benefit of making rev matching not as essential at higher gears as it once was. Of course it's still going to be your go to for perfect shifts, but its nice to know the car won't jerk on me if I chose not to do it.

I'm so happy with this mod that I came out from under my bridge to recomend it. It's really something that has a benefit to anyone with the 6-speed. The granny's will love it because the drive feels smoother and the racers will love it cause you can drive the car harder. Thank you again Jesse, I'll be sending you my old clutch master tomorrow so you can keep this brotherhood of traveling cmc's going lol.
I'm glad you like it man!

Are there still CMC's going?

I'd love to get one but all my money will tied up in moving house until the new year :(
Yeah, I still make them, but I haven't been actively trying to sell them either. I have a ton of other CR-Z projects that I've been devoting my time to, like my aftermarket seat project, my engine build up, etc. Now we can add figuring out my returning misfire issue to the list...

But if you guys want one, just ask me here or via PM. I do them in batches and I should have some already done most of the time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
But if you guys want one, just ask me here or via PM. I do them in batches and I should have some already done most of the time.
Good to hear, I'll be in touch in the new year. At that point big bills should be paid so should be able to afford it and my 12 month warranty will have expired :cool:

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
Damn, I need one of the GE8's bad... but it's way too cold to do that mod now up here. Wish I lived closer, I'd pay you for the install. :thumbsup:
Yeah man, hit me up when you are ready!

Did you ever get that shorter throw distance thing figured out?
What, where I bore it out to 11/16" and stuff? Nah, you can pretty much forget about that... Unfortunately, that shouldn't be done on a drill press and I'd need to invest a whole lot more into this to do that. Maybe if I end up with a bunch of worn cores or something, I'll get them bored out at a machine shop and try it... but I'm feeling pretty good about my clutch set up as it is now, so I'm not really motivated to "fix" anything about it. With the heavier action of the HKS LA clutch, the extra leverage of the OEM 5/8" cylinder is pretty nice.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts