Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on the site but did not find anything, does anyone have the factory instruction on how to adjust the clutch pedal? I bought the car used and noticed the slave cylinder has been replaced. I watched some videos on how to do it to the civic and fit but could not find any for the CR-Z. In the videos I watch they all said that the stop should only show 2 threads. Mine shows about 6 and there is about a 1/4 of pedal travel before it starts engaging. This makes it hard to engage the clutch and I have to push the pedal all the way to the floor.

Thanks

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
I did a search on the site but did not find anything, does anyone have the factory instruction on how to adjust the clutch pedal? I bought the car used and noticed the slave cylinder has been replaced. I watched some videos on how to do it to the civic and fit but could not find any for the CR-Z. In the videos I watch they all said that the stop should only show 2 threads. Mine shows about 6 and there is about a 1/4 of pedal travel before it starts engaging. This makes it hard to engage the clutch and I have to push the pedal all the way to the floor.

Thanks

Joe
Check out page 13-6...once you link to the service manual download below:

─2011-2012 CR-Z Service Manual (no 2013 available at the time) click here for PDF version, thanks to KennyX

·
Registered
592 Posts
clutch pedal travel and rod adjustment is something i don't recommend doing for most folks unless they understand how the clutch, slave, and master cylinders work in conjunction with the clutch pedal. i'd reset to factory specs and work your way from there.

unfortunately you have no control over what a previous owner has done, or even know if the clutch has been replaced without taking a peek in there. some people like to adjust the clutch engagement points or pedal height without knowing how it will affect the slave/master cylinders, and how it will affect these components over the life of the clutch as it wears.

i'd be worried if the previous owner had messed up the clutch pedal travel and prematurely ruined their slave. or even prematurely worn their clutch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clutch pedal travel and rod adjustment is something i don't recommend doing for most folks unless they understand how the clutch, slave, and master cylinders work in conjunction with the clutch pedal. i'd reset to factory specs and work your way from there.

unfortunately you have no control over what a previous owner has done, or even know if the clutch has been replaced without taking a peek in there. some people like to adjust the clutch engagement points or pedal height without knowing how it will affect the slave/master cylinders, and how it will affect these components over the life of the clutch as it wears.

i'd be worried if the previous owner had messed up the clutch pedal travel and prematurely ruined their slave. or even prematurely worn their clutch.
All your points are spot on.

I am going to check the factory measurements tomorrow and if they are not right I will bring it to the dealer to check things over. I got a 5 year bump to bump warranty with the car for anything wrong but they will charge me if there is nothing wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts